• 4(current)
[AppleTV2] ATV2 get's XBMC
Works great on the iPad. Played all of the video files I have tested so far (720p/1080p) perfectly.

Safe to assume performance on the ATV2 is the same as the iPad (similar hardware specs and all)?
Looks like its finally time for me to pull the trigger on an ATV2. Big Grin
Just thought of another couple questions:

Can I use my harmony remote set to PLEX like I do with my Mac Mini?

Will it decode vc1 at a high bit rate or is it confined to x.264?
I've got a couple of questions ...

1. Does the ATV2 output 1080p?
2. Will it do automatic refresh rate changing (24/50/60)?
3. Is the sound output bitperfect or does it get resampled?
3. Can I use another remote with it instead of the ATV2 remote (Harmony One, set as an MCE remote etc)?
4. If xbmc library metadata is stored locally, how big is the ATV2 storage? will it have any problems with the fanart, covers etc for a large library?
automated Wrote:I've got a couple of questions ...

1. Does the ATV2 output 1080p?
2. Will it do automatic refresh rate changing (24/50/60)?
3. Is the sound output bitperfect or does it get resampled?
3. Can I use another remote with it instead of the ATV2 remote (Harmony One, set as an MCE remote etc)?
4. If xbmc library metadata is stored locally, how big is the ATV2 storage? will it have any problems with the fanart, covers etc for a large library?

5. How are add-ons handled?
6. Is PM3 the only skin available for the ATV?
7. In the video posted it looked like it was using file mode for the movies. Does Library mode work with all artwork as well?
dtviewer Wrote:5. How are add-ons handled?
7. In the video posted it looked like it was using file mode for the movies. Does Library mode work with all artwork as well?

After using it on the Ipad I can answer 6 as no, any skins available in the repository are available, although most are not remotely optimized for a touch screen interface.
dtviewer Wrote:5. How are add-ons handled?

It's XBMC. Full XBMC. Currently the webserver is disabled, but that will be fixed shortly. Other than that, it should be have the same as on a PC.

TheUni
XBMC doesn't seem to be running at full retina display resolution on the iPhone 4; only 480x320. Is there any way to get it working at 960x640?
Did April fools come early? This is amazing.
touser Wrote:Has anyone been able to add a samba share? At the username/password prompt after entering the credentials and hitting done it just pops up again asking for credentials.

works for me, connecting to my windows 2008 r2 server via "domain\username"
can anyone confirm 1080p performance on ATV2? read on engadget that there were occasional frame drops?
Does anyone know if the Justin tv plugin works for ATV 2 with XBMC? Also, if not, is there anyway to watch live tv on XBMC on ATV 2? The main reason is for watching news channels such as CNN, CNBC, FOX Business, etc on my tv instead of on the computer. Thanks in advance, definitely makes the ATV 2 a much more appealing product now.
On the ATV2, it decodes 1080P source but outputs only 720P.

It appears to play the file smoothly. However, I don't know how to bring up the frame rate counter to see if it drops any frames.

Library mode works just like it does on any other XBMC install. It's essentially the full XBMC experience.

Launching XBMC from the ATV2 Lowtide interface only takes about 5secs. Super fast!

Awesome work XBMC team. I love it so far.
I'm currently loving it but I have two issues,

1) It's not reading my folder.jpg or filename.tbn files. fanart.jpg shows up great.
2) there seems to be an issue with the overlays (not sure if this is correct) with the default confluence skin. I can see words behind words. when I'm on video I can see all the words that are part of the slide-out menu.

Is this the same for everyone?
the reflections are really bad as well... plus it buffers a lot... on the same network (wired) where the Boxee Box ran fine.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 get's XBMC0