[iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.1
crap cant find curl in cydia! Help!
pin87a Wrote:I used redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b4. Since it's a tethered jailbreak you need to run redsn0w again after the jailbreak (and every time you reboot) and choose the option to boot tethered only. Otherwise the Cydia icon looks broken and it won't open.

Anyone know if there is a un-tethered jailbreak for a iPad running 4.2.1?

This explains much, thanks! Now if this pineapple will ever get off my screen...
flamez Wrote:crap cant find curl in cydia! Help!

reinstall xbmc, the curl depends has been fixed.
davilla Wrote:reinstall xbmc, the curl depends has been fixed.

Thanks! Will Do!
MDPauley Wrote:I used 0.9.7b6 with monte untethered jailbreak. Had no problems jailbreaking...

I dont have a mac, so looking for windows untethered jbreak.
I dont think the untethered breaks have issues during the jbreak its the annoying thing about boots and poweroffs.
One thing for sure whenever I've jbroke stuff did have to boot time/time and i dont want to tether to my machine to resolve.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
davilla Wrote:reinstall xbmc, the curl depends has been fixed.

Just reinstalled. I have 10.0-1, but still no joy. Instant shutdown still.

Thanks for all the help so far! Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this, I'll do! Smile
pmarking Wrote:Just reinstalled. I have 10.0-1, but still no joy. Instant shutdown still.

Thanks for all the help so far! Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this, I'll do! Smile

Mine is same too. 10.0-1 same.
pastebin the crashreporter log and /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log
I just happened to reinstalled yet again and noticed that I now have 10.0-2 and, amazingly enough, that worked! Whatever update was in there seemed to have done the trick...

Thank you thank you thank you! This is amazing software!!!
How does one access the "context menu" on the iPad version of XBMC?
Bahndit Wrote:How does one access the "context menu" on the iPad version of XBMC?

+1

Kind of hard to use without it Smile
Same, can't figure out context menu or how to scroll a list when browsing a source. Initially I had trouble adding an smb source but after redrafting XBMC it seemed to work no problem.
where can i find an install guide for this? I was expecting a sticky or something someplace.

looks like we need a sub forum for iOS devices. I looked everywhere and I can't find anything.
compcentral Wrote:where can i find an install guide for this? I was expecting a sticky or something someplace.

looks like we need a sub forum for iOS devices. I looked everywhere and I can't find anything.

Isn't this guide good enough? Huh
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...Phone/iPad
brownstein Wrote:Same, can't figure out context menu or how to scroll a list when browsing a source. Initially I had trouble adding an smb source but after redrafting XBMC it seemed to work no problem.

you can scroll a list by holding your finger towards the right of the list and waiting for the bar to appear, then drag up and down.

Double tap brings up the context menu for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.10