[AppleTV2] How do I stream to my ATV2?
Same issue as the 2 PPs.

Mapping to the drive on my MacBook using smb was a breeze, but I keep getting the "Operation not permitted" error pop-up when I try to do the same for the drives shared on my AEBS (even if I try using username xbmc and password xbmc9). When I browse for smb shares, within the file "WORKGROUP", my MacBook as well as my AEBS show up, but if I try to select the AEBS I also get the same "Operation not permitted" error.

HALP!!!
I'm sharing from a time capsule to XBMC. I actually went in and edited the sources.xml. I didn't enable guest access.

You might want to try adding it using the interface, with WORKGROUP as the ID and your disk access password as the password.

-B
Thats exactly my problem crawdad i can see the APE in workgoup but cannot access it but i can access my macbook in workgroup no problem

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Smile 
kevinl Wrote:I added it and it said "connection timeout"

here's what I had:

You have to put in username and password of the time capsule not from the wlan
I'm kicking myself because I had everything set up an working until I decided to update the AppleTV.

I haven't done anything to the Airport, but now I can't connect to the disk attached to it. I remember it was a struggle the first time but I eventually got it. Does Guest Access have to be turned on, I don't believe I did this the first time (and my Airport locks up when I try to turn it on now).

If I'm using a Disk Password in the ABS, the username is blank, right? The password would be the password I set up in the Airport Utility.

So...the path should be smb://[email protected]/Main? Or do I need to enter workgroup in there somewhere?

I'm trying to get this to work on the AppleTV, but I downloaded XBMC for the Mac and I can't get it to work there either. Using the Finder the Mac can see it.

I get an Error 2 from both the AppleTV and the Mac. I'm sure it's something stupid, I just can't figure it out.
I know this is an old thread but I just went thru this all over again.

I'm using the Airport Extreme (AEBS), 7.6.1 firmware, external HDD for media
XBMC is on a ATV2 running Eden beta1, 4.4.4 firmware with untethered JB, I upgraded to Eden RC1 in the process of trying to fix it.

I had it all working, then finished some renos and got my wired ethernet all hooked up, moved the router & added a USB hub. In the process I couldn't get the AEBS to come back up properly so I reset and lost all my settings. I set it up same as before (I thought) and got nothing but error2 trying to connect. I did add reserved IP addresses so my iOS and android remotes wouldn't break when xbmc got a IP.

I tried just about every setting and must have reset the router a hundred times. On my other computers I could access the drive thru finder. Under XBMC zeroconfig I could access my desktop or laptop share folders and see the AEBS but not get into it.

Long story short it was the 'enable guest access' tick box in airport utility>discs that got it working again. I had it in my head that guest access was guest network access and didn't apply. I think I left disc access as 'with airport password' and added my media directories by browsing thru zeroconfig.
Yes it is cause AFP does work now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] How do I stream to my ATV2?0