• 4(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
No word on scrolling by holding down the button.

Go into the Harmony software and change your buttons around. For the Apple TV profile, it is label exactly appropriately.

If you joystick.appleremote.xml is stock, then:
You'll want to map your harmony exit button to the AppleTV menu button.
You'll also want to map your harmony's menu button to the AppleTV menu button.

It'll be a duplication of the function, but that the way you would do it. You can't map the single pressing on the harmony remote to the long press equivalent of the apple tv remote directly.

Hopefully that will change once Harmony remote functionality gets written into XBMC for ATV2. Not sure when that will be as not everyone has a Harmony remote. I spoke directly with Davilla and he said none of the devs have Harmony remote. I would assume it's difficult to program for a device they don't own. Smile
dazex Wrote:No word on scrolling by holding down the button.

Go into the Harmony software and change your buttons around. For the Apple TV profile, it is label exactly appropriately.

If you joystick.appleremote.xml is stock, then:
You'll want to map your harmony exit button to the AppleTV menu button.
You'll also want to map your harmony's menu button to the AppleTV menu button.

It'll be a duplication of the function, but that the way you would do it. You can't map the single pressing on the harmony remote to the long press equivalent of the apple tv remote directly.

Hopefully that will change once Harmony remote functionality gets written into XBMC for ATV2. Not sure when that will be as not everyone has a Harmony remote. I spoke directly with Davilla and he said none of the devs have Harmony remote. I would assume it's difficult to program for a device they don't own. Smile
Why cant they just use the same functionality as the MCE remote... I have a harmony perfectly programmed for my revo xbmc.
Because the ATV2 doesn't recognize the MCE IR output.
dazex Wrote:NNot sure when that will be as not everyone has a Harmony remote. I spoke directly with Davilla and he said none of the devs have Harmony remote. I would assume it's difficult to program for a device they don't own. Smile

I wasn't aware that Harmony remotes had any native IR sequences since they only emulated sequences from hardwired remotes.

In any case, I have an extra Harmony 680 unit that I would be happy to donate for the cause. It is an older model but should work for programming/testing.

Where should I send it?
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
dazex Wrote:Because the ATV2 doesn't recognize the MCE IR output.

How hard is it to add more BREvent ID's?
BREvent ID are added by Apple. We work to expose what they are by viewing the syslog output as we press each and every combination of buttons we can. Then we map any that we find to the xbmc controller, which in turn allow you to map the BREvent ID to Button ID found in the keymap files.

So until Apple decide to recognize more button presses (i.e. long press of play/pause or long presses of each of the directional buttons) we won't be able to discover any more BREvent IDs.
dazex Wrote:BREvent ID are added by Apple. We work to expose what they are by viewing the syslog output as we press each and every combination of buttons we can. Then we map any that we find to the xbmc controller, which in turn allow you to map the BREvent ID to Button ID found in the keymap files.

So until Apple decide to recognize more button presses (i.e. long press of play/pause or long presses of each of the directional buttons) we won't be able to discover any more BREvent IDs.

Anyway of emulating keyboard presses like the other platforms work? Just wondering since it apperently does have keyboard support.
Hi folks,

I've got some questions related to this stuff. Would appreciate any feedback. Smile

My main media center has xbmc 10.1 (stable windows build) installed and configured for mysql database. I've got my Apple TV 2 setup with the latest stable iOS xbmc build and it points to the same mysql database. My harmony remote is setup with Apple TV device, and xbmc remote input setting is set to Apple TV Standard remote. I've also updated my userdata keymaps with the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file mentioned in this thread (from github). Based on this thread, i'm pretty sure i need to update my xbmc to an unofficial build (from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97246).

Can someone confirm this? I'm assuming the latest stable iOS build does not have these enhancements to support other buttons?

I tried the harmony anyway and, as expected, only the main apple remote buttons worked. I did not get the additional buttons that should be supported by the new keymap file. I would like to update to the unofficial XBMC build but i have one concern... In the post, it says that since the unofficial build is based off a newer branch of xbmc, the mysql database will be modified by this unofficial build.

Has anyone had any problems running this unofficial build against a mysql database library? Will the changes this unofficial build makes to mysql database mess up my main media center which also uses this database (and runs on 10.1 stable version)?

Hope someone can help me out on this. I'd really like to get it working. Thanx very much.

-DaViS
can a RF extender be used with teh ATV?
Thanks
chickendavis,
The official build did not get the additional buttons added. I believe the official build was compiled on Feb 19th, and the button ID didn't get added untill Feb 24th.

You are correct in that the unofficial builds of ATV2 XBMC are running a higher database rev. But I have seen workarounds and solutions in various threads. Hopefully a search will turn up your answer.
Thanx for the info dazex. I'll see if i can find some info on working around the database schema issue. If i dont have any luck, i'll either update my main media center to a nightly build with same database rev as atv2 nightly build, or just wait for next official atv2 stable release which will hopefully have the new button id's.

-DaViS
Looking at the joystick.AppleRemote.xml I'm missing two buttons/events that are in my Harmony menu, namely the NextChapter and the PreviousChapter.

Is XBMC supporting those ID's as well and if so, what are the ID's for these? using <displayremotecodes>true<,displayremotecodes> in advancedsettings.xml is not showing anything. I know the ATV2 is receiving them, because in frontwor you get a sound when pressing them (and the white led goes out when you press them)

Remco
This may help a little:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=735...stcount=29

From the above linked post from dazez:

"If you press a button and it beeps, but doesn't do anything. It means that ATV recognized the command, but that command hasn't been mapped in XBMC source code to the appropriate BREvent ID. Therefore, editing the joystick.AppleRemote.xml won't do you any good."
Thanks, I read over that post.

As we are on the subject of keymapping anyway, I have another question:
In my old setup (on the xbox1) I had separate buttons mapped to audiodelay +/- and subtitle delay +/-

Since the number of different possible buttons is quite limited, and Confluence is giving you a little on screen control when you select the option from the OSD, I was hoping to open this control directly by mapping it. Using perhaps ActivateWindow. Does anyone know if and how this can be done? Maybe the window ID?

Oooh, never mind, found it here:
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...iew=markup

what a surprise, it's an action called AudioDelay Smile

Remco
OK,

Here's a tip and a question.

The tip: The "play" action standard in the Harmony ATV2 list is a different one then the play/pause on the silver remote (just like the joystick.AppleRemote.xml suggests). So use the learning feature to learn an extra command, enabling you to control another feature directly.

And here's my question, that I haven't been able to find by searching in the forum or the wiki: Is it possible to map the downloading with the subtitle-download add-on to a button? I'm doing it quite often, and that seems like a good feature to put under a single button.

Remco
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0