• 9(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
(2012-08-17, 00:27)Lionverse Wrote: @akevit - Yes I used a dvd remote and had ATV learn it but that still only gives a very limited set of buttons at hand as I still want pageUP, ChapterSkip, etc..

@milli - Yes I tried the harmony in ATV mode but again it has only the basic buttons and playback buttons. Not enough to map the keys I am looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am totally stumped.

Is the ATV software locking blocking XBMC from receiving other remote codes? Has anyone got this to work?

It should be more than what you have in the apple remote but not lot of them though. You need to find free buttons to map them to XBMC functions within the context of menu. For example arrow up and down would not do anything by default while watching a movie. You could map it to anything you want.
With Frodo it is now possible to control volume within xbmc on atv2.

Unfortunately this is assigned to the "up/down" buttons, which I need for BigSteps.

I want to assign volume control to my harmony's "chapter +/-" buttons, but cannot succeed.

Anyone knowing what to do?

And generally: which remote should be selected in xbmc when using harmony ("apple remote" or "harmony"), and which corresponding keymap needs to be adjusted (apple remote.xml or harmony.xml)?

Romanes eunt domus
Is it possible to map a singe button to scan the video library for new content?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Is there any way to program your Harmony remote to completely exit XBMC with one button instead of having to navigate to the exit menu?
(2013-02-02, 16:45)JustM3 Wrote: Is there any way to program your Harmony remote to completely exit XBMC with one button instead of having to navigate to the exit menu?

You got me curious so I gave it a try. Mapped to the 'stop' button:

<!-- stop --> <button id="17">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
(2013-02-05, 16:56)bfly Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 16:45)JustM3 Wrote: Is there any way to program your Harmony remote to completely exit XBMC with one button instead of having to navigate to the exit menu?

You got me curious so I gave it a try. Mapped to the 'stop' button:

<!-- stop --> <button id="17">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>

Where do I insert that string? (What directory)
(2013-02-05, 17:08)JustM3 Wrote: Where do I insert that string? (What directory)

See this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid738485
Had no problem with Harmony 650 under Eden 11, but lost page up/down and fast forward/revind & stop under Frodo 12
Confused
(2013-02-10, 23:12)Hoolie Wrote: Had no problem with Harmony 650 under Eden 11, but lost page up/down and fast forward/revind & stop under Frodo 12
Confused

Yes, same problem with ff/rw in Frodo. Not sure about page up/down yet. See this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157236

I linked back to this one.
(2012-04-17, 18:29)cf125 Wrote: will thee ever nbe support so if i press the number "2" button 3 times it goes to the "c" section of my movie collection

Anything changed since this post from 2012?
I am missing this feature, too. I own a Harmony 700 and I would to enable the SMS key function on the virtual keyboard.
Can someone confirm that the SMS key feature is not possible because of the hardware/programming of the AppleTV?
Or is someone out there who got this SMS key function working on ATV with Logitech Harmony? If yes, how?
Number keys are not available through any IR remote on the ATV2. Apple doesn't provide a way to see an additional 10 keys for the number pad, and only has a limited set of functional IR commands.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0