• 3(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
@dazex
I have been signing in as root, does that matter?
SunnyynnuS Wrote:@Dazex:

Thx! I've used this keymap-file:

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/s...Remote.xml

I uploaded it into my aTV and restarted the aTV. I also set a device "Media PC > Apple > Apple TV 2", but there are just the "normal buttons" Wirkung. I think, the harmony wouldnt send IR-Signals for the buttons, which the normal remote doesn't have? The aTV-LED doesn't blink up...

How to See my XBMC version and how to upgrade to the nightly?

"Media PC > Apple > Apple TV"
You added an unnecessary "2", thereby sidestepping my instructions.

The keymap from the URL you posted will work once you add the Apple TV device to your Harmony.
https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/s...Remote.xml

It seems like the older remote may have extra buttons mapped?

Anyways, also ensure you are running the latest nightly build. Or else the additional functionality will not work because it was compiled into the Feb 27th nightly build by keith. Look at the stickied thread for more info on how to do that.
T800 Wrote:@dazex
I have been signing in as root, does that matter?

Not if you understand that XBMC runs as the user mobile. And you reset your user directories' ownership when you make any changes to it. Else, you'll encounter varying issues depending on which file you have touch.

Run the following command as root to reset the directory back to default.

Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

I had posted best practice guide on how to sFTP into your ATV2 by creating two separate bookmarks, depending on which directory you are gonna modify if you want to look for that post.
I've now updates to the 27th Feb nightly, copied the keymap-file on my aTV2, added a device "Media Centre PC -> Apple -> Apple TV" to my harmony and change the input-method in xbmc to "multi... (harmony)" (I've tested all options). But there a usually the basic functions of the "normal" remote. If I pressed some other buttons, the LED didn't blink up...
You leave the remote input as AppleTV Standard. Don't change to Harmony because harmony specific support hasn't even been looked at yet. The developers don't have a harmony remote to code and test against.
dazex Wrote:You leave the remote input as AppleTV Standard.
Same effect...

...or it is correct, that just the normal buttons from the remote have an effect?
I'm lost? Not sure what your problem is or what you are trying to say. Smile

Sorry, please clarify.
I just have the buttons from the original aTV2-remote on my harmony - but this was working before the nightly build and the keymap-file.

The button "Info" f.e. has no effect to the aTV-receiver... So, why the keymap-file?
dazex Wrote:You leave the remote input as AppleTV Standard. Don't change to Harmony because harmony specific support hasn't even been looked at yet. The developers don't have a harmony remote to code and test against.

Hmmm, I think it's about time we pitch in and get them one...
My brain must be fried or something because I can't seem to find the answer to what should be a common question. Will it be possible to eventually have XBMC on the atv2 to be controlled by Apple's Remote app?
Hi guys,

I am using the version of the 27 of february and when I press the pause button or the fastfoward or rewind button the xbmc is quitting.

What should I do?
mojoted Wrote:My brain must be fried or something because I can't seem to find the answer to what should be a common question. Will it be possible to eventually have XBMC on the atv2 to be controlled by Apple's Remote app?

Already added Apple remote app support if you are using any builds after Feb 24th. See the Feb 24 commit here: https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2

However, the dev still have to figure out a way for XBMC to call up the virtual keyboard. But this won't be looked at until a lot of the bigger items have been taken cared of. Right now, the task it to find any bugs or features that broke after the merge to main branch.
What about the menu (i think it is contextmenu) that occurs at a long press of the menu button. Is the BREvent programmed into the harmony profile? I want to remap the current menu button to Exit and then map the long-press menu to the menu button.
@Numus: I don't believe the Harmony keymap is being used. However, the AppleRemote keymap has additional buttons and works great with the Harmony Apple TV profile. You just need to be running any build after Feb 24th where the additional buttons and BREventID have been added to XBMC for ATV2.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

Long press is Button ID 8 in the AppleRemote keymap. Just go to the <FullScreenVideo> section and change: <button id="8">Fullscreen</button> to <button id="8">OSD</button>

Single press of the menu button to exit is already the default action so you wouldn't need to do any customization there.
dazex Wrote:@Numus: I don't believe the Harmony keymap is being used. However, the AppleRemote keymap has additional buttons and works great with the Harmony Apple TV profile. You just need to be running any build after Feb 24th where the additional buttons and BREventID have been added to XBMC for ATV2.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

Long press is Button ID 8 in the AppleRemote keymap. Just go to the <FullScreenVideo> section and change: <button id="8">Fullscreen</button> to <button id="8">OSD</button>

Single press of the menu button to exit is already the default action so you wouldn't need to do any customization there.
What is it mapped on the harmony tho. I know how to remap in the keymap, but to customize the buttons on the harmony need to know what command it is set to.
Also any word on Scrolling by holding down the down and up keys?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0