[AppleTV2] Constant re-buffering during MPEG2 playback
I've been loving the classic XBMC on the original ATV for years now, but am having some trouble playing MPEG2 content on the ATV2.

Much of our content is from a MythTV backend, consisting of captured MPEG2. I'm loading them via SMB share. When playing MPEG2, the ATV2 constantly brings up the buffering dialog. I get about 1 minute of uninterrupted video before the buffering happens again.

All of our other avi/xvid/mkv content plays fine, but the MPEG2 content is almost unwatchable with the constant buffering.

I've tried different settings to no avail. I'm connected over wifi using an Airport Extreme base station that's only one room away. Haven't tried a wired connection yet but given that all other content plays fine and the original ATV had no issues with the MPEG2 it leads me to think there's something with the ATV2 implementation.

Appreciate any help - thanks!
known issue with mpeg2
Thank you, davilla. Is it a "known issue" meaning that it's being worked on or a "known issue" in that it's a limitation?

FWIW I did try tweaking the cache settings in guisettings.xml to see if that would help any (it did not)
linger902 Wrote:Thank you, davilla. Is it a "known issue" meaning that it's being worked on or a "known issue" in that it's a limitation?

FWIW I did try tweaking the cache settings in guisettings.xml to see if that would help any (it did not)

It's a known issue with mpeg2 and it's being looked into.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Constant re-buffering during MPEG2 playback0