iPad skin concept
A little while ago I started designing a concept for an iPad 'media centre' app, but now that XBMC has been ported over to the iPad it looks like I won't have to try and find a developer to put together the app!

Here's the concept, only one shot at the moment but will post more soon.

I'd make the centre area less dark but apart from that it's a very nice concept.
I don't see any images.
Even though the URL ends in .png, that's not the image file, that's a website with the png on it.
Here's the actual image:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
since i still don't see no image, i'll give it a shot too:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There are iOS design guidelines everywhere
Sorry about the image problem, not sure what happened.

Thanks for the feedback, I probably should have uploaded it after I have added the final details to this screen, I have some cool ideas for it.

In regards to the iOS guidelines I am aware of them, but in this instance as XBMC is not going to be available through the App Store (only to jailbreak users) I am designing it for ease of use for those who have used XBMC before, while taking into account the touchscreen I believe this will be much more functional and easy to use than the default XBMC skins which are designed for computers with a keyboard / mouse.

More to come (when I get a chance to spend some more time desining)!
This is a concept, which so far I've spent 20 minutes designing, as I said I am well aware of the iOS guidelines having designed for it before, I am not going to disregard them all together.

I will follow the guidelines as much as possible, all I'm saying is because of the feature set of XBMC I may not be able to follow them as much as I'd like.
daleanthony Wrote:This is a concept, which so far I've spent 20 minutes designing, as I said I am well aware of the iOS guidelines having designed for it before, I am not going to disregard them all together.

I will follow the guidelines as much as possible, all I'm saying is because of the feature set of XBMC I may not be able to follow them as much as I'd like.

Why on earth would you want to turn the interface of xbmc into a generic iOS application? Just my .02 but I would go for something unique.
Yes, don't make it look like an iOS application, do something unique and add some new ideas... first screenshot looks good but as hitcher said, center area is too dark, there has to be more contrast between text and background.
blacklist Wrote:Why on earth would you want to turn the interface of xbmc into a generic iOS application? Just my .02 but I would go for something unique.

Putting a unique twist on iOS would be a triumph, not generic
Just some ideas from me:

1: two separated libraries one for home network e.g. for users with nas/external hdd /…. (not everyone has broadband internet, in Germany wwan downstream is limited from provider so stream over www is a bit difficult)
Second library for “outdoor “ use where media is on internal storage.

I think most of people around here have more movies than an ipad 64gb can fit. Always editing library is not that comfortable. My opinion.

For a way to integrate the touch functionality I love xbmc commander after a bit you have inherited the gestures. It would be nice if they could be nearly the same so it’s easier to use for people which use both apps.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81018

A skin look alike for xbmc would also be nice. But a whole new style would be a way better.

Musik library is for me not really necessary because its way easier to use ipod functionality for sync with itunes.

But a integrated comic/manga reader with a way to download from e.g. mangaeden.com or mangafox.com would be awesome

Hope my thinking is usefull in some way for someone

Nice weekend everyone

linus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad skin concept0