[AppleTV2] atv2 + xbmc = stereo only?
So is mine
I think it's great but will be even better when the AC3 issue is resolved and we can read DVDs wrapped in .iso files.

Well done
Purchased ATV2 today - installed XBMC... can also confirm that only STEREO works through both HDMI and OPTICAL regardless which speaker mode you choose (2.0, 5.1, 7.1 etc)...
Open6l Wrote:Purchased ATV2 today - installed XBMC... can also confirm that only STEREO works through both HDMI and OPTICAL regardless which speaker mode you choose (2.0, 5.1, 7.1 etc)...

yep! thats right, i have also a few mkv files where the audio lines are mixed up, so i only can here the background sounds but not the speaking of the actors.. but there are only a few files of my mkv collection where this happens Sad
We don't know is the answer, as many of us don't have ATV2. Looks like stereo-only for now based on what other folk have said.

I'm sure 5.1/7.1 or whatever will be supported in future.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

root2 Wrote:yep! thats right, i have also a few mkv files where the audio lines are mixed up, so i only can here the background sounds but not the speaking of the actors.. but there are only a few files of my mkv collection where this happens Sad

also having this issue. i noticed that my center channel output was coming from my front right speaker and everything else was emulated BG noise from PLII. somethings definately messed with the sound.

overall im happy. this is the first release after all. now i can see XBMC grow again like it did with xb1!
iLLNESS Wrote:overall im happy. this is the first release after all. now i can see XBMC grow again like it did with xb1!

So true!!! I can remember the good old xbox1 days and how things just got better and better. A buddy of mine and I both said today that this is only release 1...imagine what it will look like over time. Amazing job guys.
bam099 Wrote:So true!!! I can remember the good old xbox1 days and how things just got better and better. A buddy of mine and I both said today that this is only release 1...imagine what it will look like over time. Amazing job guys.

yeah. i just hope it doesnt take forever. i just removed my htpc from my av rack in favor of the atv2 (just bought today)... im beginning to think it was a mistake for now and that it should stay in here with the computer until the audio issue is solved...

aside from the UI being laggy, everything works great in my opinion.
illness,
I definitely haven't removed my other video players yet. It's a great first effort but the lack of DTS so far is making me keep my other one. Plus the ease of just plugging in a flash drive is nice on occasion.
I bought the ATV2g for netflix and itunes, as a living room box, to go with my atv1g with xbmc, but was lacking horsepower to run 720p movies.

I hope we get better audio output, I am still pleased with the first release of this.

Apple better send some cheques down to the XBMC foundation because XBMC just gave people more of a reason to buy this shiney black box.

They make for great living room and bedroom set tops.
Xavieryz Wrote:Apple better send some cheques down to the XBMC foundation because XBMC just gave people more of a reason to buy this shiney black box.

They make for great living room and bedroom set tops.

That is why I bought mine today.. My only issue is, I run all linux Ubuntu. I have a dual boot with win7 that I use once a year to do my taxes with. And from what I've found, the window$ JB isn't avail. yet. But this was 2 hours ago I was looking. Hopefully tomorrow someone will have something worked out. But yes, XBMC on aTV2 is the only reason I got one, so I can take my desktop away from my tv and actually use it as a desktop again. Laugh
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=ATV2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] atv2 + xbmc = stereo only?1