Why doesn't scan content for movies retrieve all info?
Question 
I love XBMC but the thing that irks me the most is when I scan my movies for content, it doesn't retrieve all the media tags/logos including movie rating sometimes and the time of the movie is always displayed with dual mins, example 97 mins mins.

So after the initial scan for content I then have to right click on each movie, click movie info and then click refresh, at that point the movie has the time displayed correctly and all the media tags are found but then because I have preloaded custom fanart and poster art for each of my movies, done ahead time with media companion, I then have to reset the fanart and poster art back to my originals.

I am missing something, is there a way to scan for movie content and have display correct time and all media tags the first time and/or is there someway I can refresh all my movies at once?

Thanks
TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
One very easy and pretty full proof way of doing this is to use "movie.nfo" files (provided each movie is in a separate folder (otherwise you need to use "name_of_the_movie_file.nfo" instead
The full process is explained much better on this page http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library than what I could do with my very limited English Smile
I thought I would add a small description of what I do on my side (works 100%):

- I have each movie in a separate folder.
- In the settings for my movie folders I have:
* Run automated scan
* Use folder names for lookups
- In each movie folder, I have one file named "movie.nfo" containing the imdb url for the movie

Also, when I have "related movies" (like for example the Lord of the Rings trilogy", the movie.nfo file has the following content:

<movie>
<title>Title of the Movie</title>
<set>Name of the Collection of Movies</set>
<sorttitle>Name used for sorting</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://us.imdb.com/Title?xxxxxxx

I hope this will help you sorting out your problem. Much more can be found at the URL provided before Smile
tcman47 Wrote:So after the initial scan for content I then have to right click on each movie, click movie info and then click refresh, at that point the movie has the time displayed correctly and all the media tags are found but then because I have preloaded custom fanart and poster art for each of my movies, done ahead time with media companion, I then have to reset the fanart and poster art back to my originals.

TC

From what I can determine MediaCompanion does all the scraping and places a .nfo file with the titles. If a .NFO file is present then XBMC does not scan which is the reason you have to hit the update button. I see that MC has been going through some development problems so I would start by comparing the .nfo file that MC produces against the XML format that XBMC requires. Other than occasionally misidentifying a movie I don't have any issues with the built in IMDB scraper.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ing_an_URL
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:From what I can determine MediaCompanion does all the scraping and places a .nfo file with the titles. If a .NFO file is present then XBMC does not scan which is the reason you have to hit the update button. I see that MC has been going through some development problems so I would start by comparing the .nfo file that MC produces against the XML format that XBMC requires. Other than occasionally misidentifying a movie I don't have any issues with the built in IMDB scraper.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ing_an_URL

Interesting, i will temp remove a .nfo file from one of my movies and then update movies and see what happens, if the movie tags/time etc is more complete than what i get with media companion, then i will remove all the .nfo files and rescan, I will also see if there is a option to not produce .nfo files in media companion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, i confirmed, XBMC scraped all the media info correctly, media companion does not, will scrape first with MC and then just remove the .nfo before importing into XBMC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why doesn't scan content for movies retrieve all info?0