[AppleTV2] stuck in windowed mode - apple tv 2
hi - i have xbmc successfully installed but when messing with the settings i switched to windowed mode accidentally and now can't get out of it - it won't revert via apple remote input - it won't toggle as the other choices do....
any suggestions - tia
pik
rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
killall Lowtide
hey root2 - thanks that worked great - butt sept it's "killall AppleTV" now - thanks so much
my next problem is i can't get it to connect to my shared drives via smb or upnp - i think it's something to do with my apple airport extreme.... any ideas on that?
noraa's advice in another thread solved my prob - thanks anyway
Edit: Fixed.
pikilhed Wrote:hi - i have xbmc successfully installed but when messing with the settings i switched to windowed mode accidentally and now can't get out of it - it won't revert via apple remote input - it won't toggle as the other choices do....
any suggestions - tia
pik

look up
root2 Wrote:rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
killall Lowtide

Hi root2!!

I have the seam problem and what you answered is the solution, but i don't know what to do with it...

do you mind explaining to me a little deeper how to solve the problem please?

Thnks!!
fersala Wrote:Hi root2!!

I have the seam problem and what you answered is the solution, but i don't know what to do with it...

do you mind explaining to me a little deeper how to solve the problem please?

Thnks!!

If using a Mac, open terminal.

ssh root@<ip address of ATV2>

Enter alpine as the password when prompted.

Then run the command:
rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

That tells it to remove, if need be...by force, the guisettings.xml file.

Then run the command:
killall AppleTV
that is the updated command to kill any services/apps that the AppleTV LowTide interface have launch. You'll see XBMC close out and the AppleTV's default LowTide interface. Simply launch XBMC again and the guidsettings.xml file you deleted earlier will automatically get generated with the default settings.

That's all there is to it.

Additional Note: If you are using a Windows machine, download and use the free PUTTY software as the SSH client to connect to your ATV2 device.
-Dazex
Thanks mate!!!!

Worked perfectly!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] stuck in windowed mode - apple tv 20