[iPad] XBMC for iPad wish list
Lightbulb 
First off I knew this was going to happen, it just makes seance to have xbmc on an ipad & ATV2.

Thanks for the hard work.
It just goes to show you hard work and determination, you can achieve anything... (I hate it when people say it can't be done)

here's whats missing

* More gestures

* better scrolling (bigger scroll bar)

* Add a "Open in" feature for safari and email video clips (avi, mpg wmv etc..) so files can be opened in xbmc. will eliminate the need for VLC or Buzzplayer

* airplay support

* option to stream file or download local copy then play.

* bluetooth audio out support (this might work haven't tried it yet)

* remote access / webserver (I read this is in the works)

please add your other suggestions below

P.S. will cydia download recent builds or only major builds?
i would like rtmp support.
rotation support, xbmc is currently displayed upside down for the case I have, prefer to have home button on the right.
Well, I believe XBMC need to change a little to really fit on the iPad.

First, there must be a very easy touch-based skin that fits on the iPad.

Second, logical gestures like other iOS apps must work in XBMC to make it a good iPad experience.

Third, don't forget what XBMC is and how people will use it. On the iPad it is the only local mediacenter without the need of a NAS or server or whatever streaming technology. Focus on that aspect, otherwise there won't be a need for XBMC but it'll become a remote.
Please allow 180 degrees orientation change. Currently, I can't watch the video when making the iPad "stand up" using the Apple case because the orientation doesn't allow (ie. upside-down video).
Sounds like we should be hitting the standard API to auto-rotate.

More gestures are coming - not all of us have an iPad to play with. Scrolling gestures work on Win7, so it's "just" a matter of hooking it up (not necessarily simple!)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Since we're wishing, here's how I'd like to tie XBMC on the ipad into my media center.

I already have XBMC running on our HTPC. Ideally I'd like XBMC on the ipad to use the same library. I'm going to try setting up a MySQL server on the HTPC (based on the instructions here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85654 ), which ought to allow me to do that right away.

I'd love to have a way to pick up the currently playing video from the HTPC, putting the ipad in sync with whatever is currently playing on the PC. For example, watching the ipad in the kitchen, at the same time the rest of the family is watching something in the living room.

I'd like to be able to move a video in progress to the ipad, stopping it on the HTPC, and automatically starting on the ipad. If I understand correctly, you should be able to do this manually if you have a shared library set up, and you might be able to automate it with a skin or an addon.
I would love to use Back Row.
When selecting it, the Main Menu is unusable (slow).
Took me some time to go back to confluence...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] XBMC for iPad wish list0