[AppleTV2] Can I connect a USB memory stick or USB harddrive directly to Apple TV 2?
Yes i understand what u mean but it is thru the ethernet, there are reports that this plug works on a normal router and makes it read a usb flash disk thru an ethernet port.
Yes i understand what u mean but it is thru the ethernet port, there are reports that this plug works on a normal router and makes it read a usb flash disk thru an ethernet port.
highly doubt that...

That thing is a PASSIVE adapter. meaning it just bridges cables from usb to ethernet. It works with some Modems, because they are waiting for the same signal either over ethernet or USB.

It's just a complete different protocol. USB Disks normally don't handle getting IP adresses well (yeah, that's irony - you know, cause they never do)...

Neither is the ATV capable of acting as a Router (meaning to deliver a DNS-Server like functionality) nor as a USB-host.

But the thing is somehow connected to a network (Wifi or ethernet), so why even bother to try it ? Plug a USB-drive into your router, or buy an external case with built in ethernet-functionality. Works perfectly fine and won't clutter your livingroom.
doesn't work, you can stop debating this.
closed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Can I connect a USB memory stick or USB harddrive directly to Apple TV 2?1