• 5(current)
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows
Numus Wrote:It appears you cant have hte power plugged in at all during this process.. or else it doesn't really enter DFU iwht the IREB program and itunes will loop... trying it once again wiht a modified procedure.

CAN 100% confirm all this works

I never plugged in the power till i had to boot tethered so basically

Run ireb
Restore cfw
Unplug usb
Plug in power
Plug in USB
Do a tethered boot
Unplug USB
Plug in hdmi

Sorry I must have confused everyone withe the don't unplug power message
has anyone seen a already customized firmware for this thing? i cant get a mac vm working.
MAC VM works to gen the image. I have an intel processor but it was easier to just download an already made OSX vmx.

I've followed the instructions, got ireb worked, I restored the custom firmware in iTunes, but when I go use tetheredboot it says the device must be in DFU mode to continue. How can it be in DFU mode if the power is plugged in? I put it in DFU mode and it sent the exploit, then I plugged the power in but it didn't work.

What's the catch?

**Edit**

Nevermind, I'm stupid. I thought you couldn't go into DFU mode with the power plugged in.
merlinn31 Wrote:MAC VM works to gen the image. I have an intel processor but it was easier to just download an already made OSX vmx.

I've followed the instructions, got ireb worked, I restored the custom firmware in iTunes, but when I go use tetheredboot it says the device must be in DFU mode to continue. How can it be in DFU mode if the power is plugged in? I put it in DFU mode and it sent the exploit, then I plugged the power in but it didn't work.

What's the catch?

**Edit**

Nevermind, I'm stupid. I thought you couldn't go into DFU mode with the power plugged in.
AMD it is much easier to download an already made vmx.. but for intel i found it easier to just install straight from a snow leopard disk (i have a legit copy)
Numus Wrote:AMD it is much easier to download an already made vmx.. but for intel i found it easier to just install straight from a snow leopard disk (i have a legit copy)

To each their own Wink

I have a disk too, but it wouldn't boot from it. Kept giving me the "Still waiting for root device..." error.
Thanks for all this guys. I downloaded a VMware image from a popular cove for pirates and it worked fine. What a pain in the ass.
OK guys first page updated.. working fine now.. pain in the ass is right...
Swwethip1 Wrote:OK guys first page updated.. working fine now.. pain in the ass is right...

So I don't even get a mention? Haha don't worry glad to have helped out others
brownbear1984 Wrote:So I don't even get a mention? Haha don't worry glad to have helped out others

Brown, you are the reason I got it working last night. Major Props!
hehe. It's also a pain in the ass trying to unscrew a phillips head screw with a flathead screwdriver. It's one of those things when you don't have the right tool for the job, you gotta put more effort into it. Wink

Glad you guys manage to work it out. Thanks for the efforts of the jailbreaking developers and XBMC developers to give us the ability to do all this in the first place. I am looking forward to the future development and progress of XBMC on IOS. Smile

-Dazex
Thanks for all the help guys! And brown! As soon as this movie is finished ill try it out again as per your instructions. If it doesnt work, ill just swap this for a new Apple TV and try it again
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
my bad brown.. mad props.. updated the first post.
Swwethip1 Wrote:my bad brown.. mad props.. updated the first post.

Ha ha I was only kidding anyway
Much props to brownbear1984 for figuring out the whole process.

Everything worked like charm!!!

I used the OSX VM method.
Thanks everyone for the help...works great...enjoying movies with some popcorn now Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows0