• 3(current)
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows
vike105 Wrote:I was able to get the firmware on my atv, but when i run the windows tethered tool to boot my device I always fail at the "Waiting two seconds for the device to pop-up" section. Any advice from someone that has it working? Thanks in advance.

what tool are you running? any guides to follow?

this is such a pain in the ass for people with no Macs... i almost bought one today in best buy !! Oo
Mine seemed to have gone well. I flashed it with pwnagetools on a Mac, which said it was successful. I try and boot it up and the screen is just black (I assume thats supposed to happen), so I follow the guides online to tether boot it from windows which gets it to startup all fine and dandy. But it doesnt detect the ethernet cord plugged in, or any wifi's. Which makes it completely useless because I cant SSH in and do anything. Ideas?
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Mine seemed to have gone well. I flashed it with pwnagetools on a Mac, which said it was successful. I try and boot it up and the screen is just black (I assume thats supposed to happen), so I follow the guides online to tether boot it from windows which gets it to startup all fine and dandy. But it doesnt detect the ethernet cord plugged in, or any wifi's. Which makes it completely useless because I cant SSH in and do anything. Ideas?

Did you make sure the ipsw you built in Pwnagetools had shh checked?!?
As for the ethernet cord plugged in, verify it is a good cord (plug a comp into it and disable wireless and see if it has network access)
Numus Wrote:Did you make sure the ipsw you built in Pwnagetools had shh checked?!?
As for the ethernet cord plugged in, verify it is a good cord (plug a comp into it and disable wireless and see if it has network access)
I didnt check anything. I think ill try Seas0npass and see if thats any better. And the cord works fine, its the one I use on my Zotac MAG. Plus the wifi is broadcasting, and it seen it before I did all this jailbreak stuff.
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:I didnt check anything. I think ill try Seas0npass and see if thats any better. And the cord works fine, its the one I use on my Zotac MAG. Plus the wifi is broadcasting, and it seen it before I did all this jailbreak stuff.

You are "restoring" it which means it is loosing all its settings...
Numus Wrote:You are "restoring" it which means it is loosing all its settings...
Obviously. I said it doesnt see it. Nothing to do with connecting to it at all. The list of SSID's is empty, when my netbook reports at least 5.
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Ok, I give up. JJust tried flashing it with Seas0npass and got an error 1601. Ignored it and booted it still no connection. Ahh apple devices... Make them terrible, unless they are jailbroken but make that a severe pain in the ass. Ill never understand why people buy their trash...
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
I bought an Ipod Classic 80g years ago. Since then I have not even touched an Apple product till last night.. but unfortunately I have to wait till a windows JB can be done. I am not comfortable enough to even contemplate a VM.
Got the VM installed and got the same error 21 that others have reported.
kevron Wrote:I bought an Ipod Classic 80g years ago. Since then I have not even touched an Apple product till last night.. but unfortunately I have to wait till a windows JB can be done. I am not comfortable enough to even contemplate a VM.
If you are talking about installing XBMC on that classic its not possible. But for other iOS devices, Seas0npass said they should be finished with one in a week or so. Plus I read that greenp0ison has an untethered version for 4.2.1(4.1.1). So give it about a month and everything should be set on Windows.
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Went to BB and exchanged my ATV2 and got one with 4.1. Now i am stuck with this error 1600 anyone have a fix for this? on windoze
oh no, I was referring to buying apple products. That is all. I know there is no way to get xbmc on there.
Hi all i've successfully flashed my ATV2 in windows. It took a while but finally got my head round it. Here's what i did:

Prep
You need a Mac or VM to create your custom firmware.
Follow the instructions here to create your cfw and prepare your tethered boot files then copy your cfw and the tethered folder over to your windows desktop.
You also need ireb from here
copy the utility from here into the tethered folder.

Once you've done all that follow the instructions below

1.Connect ATV to the PC via micro-usb and run ireb. Select Apple tv and follow the intructions to get into a pwned dfu mode (this is important otherwise itunes will error on you).

2.Open itunes and SHIFT-Restore. Select the custom firmware and wait till its done.

3. When its done disconnect the ATV from the pc and take it over to your TV and plug in the power.

4.Reconnect the ATV to the laptop.

5.Hold menu + down on the remote for 6 seconds

6.As soon as it turns off hold menu + play for 7-10 seconds to get to normal dfu mode.

7. Open CMD and run the below:

CD desktop/tethered

then

tetheredboot -i iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k66

(you can create a bat file so that it automates this all for you by copying "tetheredboot -i iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k66"
into a txt file and changing the file extension to .bat just make sure you put it in the tethered folder)

8.Once its done unplug the usb cable and plug in the HDMI DO NOT UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE!!!

If you ever need to tethered boot it again just run 7 + 8.
I'm getting errors with iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu It's saying it's not there. What exactly is this?
Swwethip1 Wrote:bam - thanks for the info.

Can Anyone with a MAC share there built 4.2.1 ipsw ?

Most likely won't work a payload is sent to the atv2 when it's in DFU move to let you flash a custom firmware. Without having that payload being sent I'm doubtfull that iTunes will let you flash a custom firmware.

A vmware installation can't be used I think DFU mode does not work correctly I didn't try it but that was the general consenses.

I installed OSX86 to a usb hard drive, booted up, and jbed.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 + 4.2.1 + Windows0