• 10(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
strange, it's not on the list in Milestone: 11.0

http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Just a quick heads-up for everyone interested in this feature: Yesterday I made a commit containing the patch I posted in trac (actually I modified it a bit) which will provide a "Play from here" context menu option for tv episodes.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Just a quick heads-up for everyone interested in this feature: Yesterday I made a commit containing the patch I posted in trac (actually I modified it a bit) which will provide a "Play from here" context menu option for tv episodes.

I too would love an option to keep playing after each episode, when I finally sit down to watch TV, I do it properly - 5 hour stints! Cool

Montellese, am I right in thinking your patch offers a "Play from here" feature, so if I have episodes 1,2,3,4,5 in a folder, and move down to highlight say, episode 3, and press play...it will play from episode 3 uninterrupted until the end of 5? Smile

I think that's what you're saying, but the talk of showing only unwatched has confused me a bit. It's not dependant on only showing unwatched episodes is it?
It creates a playlist of the items you currently see in XBMC and starts playing at the file on which you did "Play from here". So in your example it would start playing episode 3, when it's done it plays episode 4 and after that episode 5 and then it stops.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
What about unstructured content in files mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It is currently restricted to tv episodes so the option is not available in files mode. Apart from that (when you're in a view with tv episodes) it plays the file in the order they are visible on your screen. So if you're items are ordered by rating they will be queued in that order. Obviously it makes most sense to have them ordered by episode number.
Montellese Wrote:It creates a playlist of the items you currently see in XBMC and starts playing at the file on which you did "Play from here". So in your example it would start playing episode 3, when it's done it plays episode 4 and after that episode 5 and then it stops.

That's amazing! Exactly what I could/would/should have wanted! Thanks so much. Now to wait for it to trickle down to the Mario Sitz's PPA build Smile
Montellese Wrote:It creates a playlist of the items you currently see in XBMC and starts playing at the file on which you did "Play from here". So in your example it would start playing episode 3, when it's done it plays episode 4 and after that episode 5 and then it stops.

This options seems good but not enough, in my opinion.
"Play from here" or "Play unwatched" could be on Season not on the episode.
For example if season has 24 episodes or even more (I have a few TV Shows with more than 50 episodes in ONE Season), and 14 episodes are watched, then I must go to 14 episode (or 36 for example) and choose "play from here".
But much faster will be to choose "Play from here" or "Play unwatched" directly on Season.

Also below options is also very good, I think
Quote:- "automatically play next episode" (enable or disable popup window "Play the next episode ?" YES or NO Example)
it will be reward for the long waiting period Wink.
but with possibility to switch off pop-up windows in System\Video options.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. I think that this shouldn't be so hard for you or your team, looking at it how looks now XBMC. It's such a minor change should be easy Big Grin

cheers Smile
castortray Wrote:This options seems good but not enough, in my opinion.
"Play from here" or "Play unwatched" could be on Season not on the episode.
For example if season has 24 episodes or even more (I have a few TV Shows with more than 50 episodes in ONE Season), and 14 episodes are watched, then I must go to 14 episode (or 36 for example) and choose "play from here".
But much faster will be to choose "Play from here" or "Play unwatched" directly on Season.
"Play from here" makes absolutely no sense on season level as it would do the same as the already existing "Play": It would simply queue all episodes in the current season and play them.
"Play unwatched" might make sense BUT what you can already do is go into episode level, set the "Show watched" filter and you should automatically be set to the first unwatched episode. Then you can run "Play from here" on that item. No need to scroll down to item 14 or 36 Wink

castortray Wrote:Also below options is also very good, I think

but with possibility to switch off pop-up windows in System\Video options.
That's an idea I like myself as well and might take a look at when I got some time.

castortray Wrote:P.S. I think that this shouldn't be so hard for you or your team, looking at it how looks now XBMC. It's such a minor change should be easy Big Grin

Most things seem to be minor changes but most often they aren't.
Having a "Resume" on the tvshow, however, may well make sense - IIRC there's a ticket for that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Montellese Wrote:"
"Play unwatched" might make sense BUT what you can already do is go into episode level, set the "Show watched" filter and you should automatically be set to the first unwatched episode. Then you can run "Play from here" on that item. No need to scroll down to item 14 or 36 Wink

That's true Smile
But (I don't know how to explain) I like to look at all my collections including watched and unwatched episodes/seasons...Wink I hope you understand me...

Is there any chance of adding this option (Play unwatched on Season) ? Please ?
I can help with all needed test, just let me know.

Quote:possibility to switch off pop-up windows in System\Video options.

Quote:That's an idea I like myself as well and might take a look at when I got some time.

gr8 Smile nice to hear it,
take your time

Thanks for your effort and "hope" Rolleyes for us
Is it not easer to skip to next episode in folder by means of one button remote or keyboard press?

like this

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4

I open TVshow in xbmc
select TV show House I select episode 2 ( already seen episode 1 )
episode 2 plays at end of the episode you will have a preview for next episode now I am gone watch episode 3 now so no need for the preview I push next on remote and episode 3 starts is this possible??
any updates ? Rolleyes
Devil-Strike Wrote:Is it not easer to skip to next episode in folder by means of one button remote or keyboard press?

like this

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4

I open TVshow in xbmc
select TV show House I select episode 2 ( already seen episode 1 )
episode 2 plays at end of the episode you will have a preview for next episode now I am gone watch episode 3 now so no need for the preview I push next on remote and episode 3 starts is this possible??

Sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you re-phrase your idea/question?

castortray Wrote:any updates ? Rolleyes

I committed my patch to the xbmc source code so it will be there in the next release (or in the next nightly builds when they will be available again).
Montellese Wrote:I committed my patch to the xbmc source code so it will be there in the next release (or in the next nightly builds when they will be available again).

Awesome. 'Looking forward to it.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0