• 3(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
skim32 you can make a smart playlist that contains all videos in library and will automatically add new ones.
Also, there is no "extra step" in clicking play on a folder. In fact, it takes OUT a step.

Having said that, putting a configurable "auto-play next item" option in the settings like we have in music isn't a horrible idea, imo. Not something I would use, but some people might like it I guess...
skim32, its very easy to duplicate musics autoplay next item option to videos. (and fyi, autoplay is nothing more than an automatic playlist thats built on the fly when you play the first item.) enter a feature request on the trac system, you can assign it to me. ive actually found myself wanting this recently.

rwparris2, its not exactly the same thing. using play on a folder plays everything in the folder in a sorted order. autoplay starts playback from the chosen item and continues from there. arguably queuing the folder, then switching to now playing, and then picking the playback point is an option but that's probably some extra button presses.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The request already exists:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/2100

Now it's just a matter of timeframe?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks... this shouldn't take more than a day, once i start Smile
If this could be implemented, it would totally make my day... i am currently using T3CH's bleeding edge build. If you do implement this feature, will it be available on an xbox build?
i will definitely be implementing this feature, and yes it would eventually be added to the xbox version.
Exclamation 
kraqh3d Wrote:i will definitely be implementing this feature, and yes it would eventually be added to the xbox version.
if you do then please make it optional and disabled by default Nod
sure... expect it after the freeze.
this would be AWESOME! I'm in the process of ripping my UFC videos, and this feature would be PERFECT. As it stands I guess I'd either have to have 1 long video off each PPV with bookmarks of each fight, or break it into 1 fight = 1 video and I'd have to manually go to the next fight. I don't think the bookmark thing is such a bad idea but it seems a little cumbersome and would throw off my layout a lot.

I look very forward to this feature Big Grin
Any update on whether or not this feature has been implemented yet?
Dont know why people are trying to discourage this feature. Obviously by reading this post it will be useful for many people. For me, I have a crap load of videos on my Xbox for my kids, and I'd like to pick a video within a folder then play on from their automatically. Playing from the start EVERY SINGLE TIME is just stupid.
So quit trying to tell us what we want. WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT. We dont have to justify to people who dont get it. OK?

I hope this feature is available soon.
supply a diff or STFU
Here's another vote for implementing this feature!

It would be great to be able to go a couple of pages down in a large list of video files and start playing something, and then have XBMC keep playing the next item in the list.

This is something that my Popcorn Hour can do out of the box, and I use it all the time for my kids. "Play the one where the mole eats a lollipop" is the request I get from my son and then I can start his watching from there.

Currently I have to jump up every 5 minutes to start the next video in the list. Annoying!
The last post in this thread is already pretty old, but this is the only existing thread I could find on this topic.

I've recently tried convincing a friend of mine that XBMC is the way to go for his home theater setup; and his #1 concern was that he could not play an entire folder of music videos by clicking on the first video and just having it autoplay down the list (like it does in music).

I checked through the advancedsettings.xml documentation in the wiki and looked through the video settings options and do not see a setting for this - is there a way to do this, or can one be implemented?
I would have to check, but since Music Videos are available in the music library also, is there any chance they behave differently there?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0