• 4(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
they do - mvids in the music library autoplay the next item.
spiff Wrote:they do - mvids in the music library autoplay the next item.

I'll check this out, but it sounds like that would work. He was browsing to the folder via the Videos menu and did not scan anything into the library. I will have him try this out. Thanks.
Hi Robweber,
Putting videos into a library sux IMO.
If you click play on the FOLDER which contains the video files, it will play all videos in that folder one after the other.
Hope this helps.
Lightbulb 
Make an option to automatically play the next video file without going back to the menu.

eg. In the Heroes folder, when ep 11 is played and ends, the next file in the folder (ep12) will automatically play without the need of a remote or creating play lists.
Thumbs Up 
i 2nd this
Hit 'play' on the series node, then skip to the one you want.

TheUni
well then you have to manually skip until you reach the episode you want to see. e.g. you want to see episode 22 and then episode 23. then you first have to skip 21 times before ep22 starts.

i like the way music is played and a similar option would be nice for videos.
Let's rewind to some ungodly hour of the morning (let's call it prior to 6.00am, because it well, generally is). Being fast asleep, I'm woken from my slumber by the pitter patter of little feet - or more accurately the clomping of bright and bouncy children.

So out of bed I clammer, half comatose to set up the beloved XBMC with a show for the little cherubs to watch. After the usual bickering of which show should be on today (only slightly less heated than a global warming conference) we're off an running and I climb back into bed...

<100dB>DADDY - THE SHOW FINISHED!!</100dB> This time I can type it in caps, because that's how it sounds in my head Smile

Hence to my question - can there be a way that one can start at a position in a folder and have XBMC play the next file sequentially ? I found references to this being requested before, but have been unable to find a feature which allows this. I realise playlists are an option, but as the kids seem to pick a new program every time to start from (not always on the same share), it would be a fantastic feature to have an option to play next file in list.

It's not too bad for movies, as they afford me a decent block of sleep - however some TV shows are quite short...

I love XBMC - have it running on jaunty minimal with the ppa svn's (recently changed from building them myself) and it's been a wonderful, and slightly frustrating journey to get here. But, aside from some Ralink network card problems, it's mostly done and I'm proud to have stuck it through.

I'd really love the above to be an option if this was possible - and I might live longer in the process, as they say that sleep is good for you...

Thanks for all the work

Blackers
Downunder.
You can always hit 'play' on the parent node, that'll queue up everything below it.

I asked jmarshall a while back for a 'continue playing' button to resume from the first unwatched under the node. Maybe I'll ask again a little louder Wink

Edit: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7026 . That's my answer to the problem anyway, not sure if it suits you as well.

TheUni
You can queue a few eps and begin playback from the now playing playlist. Or better (worse?) teach the little rug rats to run the thing themselves. Save you getting out of bed all together. Smile
I set up XBMC on an XBox for my 5 year old niece and she took to it in seconds. The XBox is clunky compared to an HTPC, but it's sufficiently robust to resist 5 year old sysadmins :-)

JR
theuni Wrote:I asked jmarshall a while back for a 'continue playing' button to resume from the first unwatched under the node. Maybe I'll ask again a little louder Wink

Edit: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7026 . That's my answer to the problem anyway, not sure if it suits you as well.

Thanks for the reply - I think the "continue playing" at the next unwatched file under the node is a good compromise (and avoids watching the same sequence over and over).. Once they've watched everything I'm not sure what happens though Wink

Prior to building the HTPC, I had various MP4 capable DVD players, a Mediagate 350HD then 450HD so got used to hitting play knowing that hours of continuous entertainment was available for the kids at a mere button press - Of course people may comment that this is not responsible parenting, but there are times when this feature is a very good thing™!

Thanks again...

Blackers
althekiller Wrote:You can queue a few eps and begin playback from the now playing playlist. Or better (worse?) teach the little rug rats to run the thing themselves. Save you getting out of bed all together. Smile

Thanks!

Will look at queing as well, although it would be great if there was an inbuilt was an option for continuous play sometime, as I think it's something that (as an option, not a default) would be useful to quite a number of users.

I use the Logitech DiNovo mini keyboard thing to control XBMC - the Antec Fusion remote that came with the case is a <insert bad word> to use even when you get LIRC sorted out to deal with the LCD and Remote. Due to the expense of the little keyboard and the amount of sticky substances / other perils that may await it (it's mine, not it's mine..struggle ensues..sound of remote hitting floor then dead silence).. I'm gonna opt to wait a little while before handing the con over to ensign sticky fingers..!

Cheers

Blackers
I have had this scenario happen to me a few times myself, so I'm getting a kick out of this thread.

I always qued up a few things and then started the playlist as someone mentioned.

And yes, an xbox in their room is the way to go for the little ones. Cheap and rugged. I use the Basics-101 skin, and my 5 year old works it and the controller like a champ now.
joebrady Wrote:And yes, an xbox in their room is the way to go for the little ones. Cheap and rugged. I use the Basics-101 skin, and my 5 year old works it and the controller like a champ now.

Unfortunatley I don't have an xbox, or a spare TV to put in their rooms - and you can imagine that after watching their bright colourful shows which sear my retina at 6am on a 50" plasma, that anything less in their rooms would be considered an insult and probably a downing of tools.. Heck, I don't even have a TV in MY room Eek

Playlists or full play on the node will work, so it's not like I can't get around this. Just seems like a feature/option that has a use, if it is included sometime and is a difference from the way most dedicated players handle files for people crossing over into the media centre world. Mind you, XBMC does heaps that those embedded players can't as well!

I'll probably buy a better remote and teach the older one to use xbmc - that should only have me breaking up arguments about why one didn't get their show on hehe.

Cheers
Blackers
Downunder!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0