• 8(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
Do this function to you write 4 years
I like balalaika, vodka, and russian beer.
If you want to use this feature you can add it yourself,
look here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/1...isode.diff

And just go to those files, open them in notepad and add the green sections into the files, delete the red sections.
someguygg Wrote:If you want to use this feature you can add it yourself,
look here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/1...isode.diff

And just go to those files, open them in notepad and add the green sections into the files, delete the red sections.

on WindowsXP no files - GUISettings.cpp, GUIWindowVideoBase.cpp, GUIViewStateVideo.cpp, GUIViewStateVideo.h.
thefreedom Wrote:on WindowsXP no files - GUISettings.cpp, GUIWindowVideoBase.cpp, GUIViewStateVideo.cpp, GUIViewStateVideo.h.

you need the source code Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
phil65 Wrote:you need the source code Smile

I won't understand where to change help

TabularUnified xbmc/GUISettings.cpp - In what file on WindowsXP SP3 ?
The files are the same on all operating systems. You need to download the whole xbmc source code, apply the changes in the patch and then compile it yourself. If you don't have any clue how to do that then you have to wait until it gets included by Team XBMC and released.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:The files are the same on all operating systems. You need to download the whole xbmc source code, apply the changes in the patch and then compile it yourself. If you don't have any clue how to do that then you have to wait until it gets included by Team XBMC and released.

Thanks. I will wait while command XBMC will add this option.
gfarry Wrote:a ticket to apply the patch to SVN added on trac

Your patch works beautifully! Thanks !!

I'd really appreciate it, if this patch would be commited to the trunk..

Markus
Just registered just to say the following.

I can't believe this function still isn't present in XBMC. This is such a basic and standard function in play-lists and has been for years.

Almost all other media players have this function. Stand alone and software media players alike. You go to a directory and you pick a file and it starts playing, automatically playing the next file in that directory.

I can't believe it is still not implemented after what 5 years!?

I can't believe all the remarks saying its not important, people hardly use it and so on.

I started looking around again today after once again having to go trough the hassle of making a play-list and getting annoyed by it.

I installed XBMC on a PC with XP hooked up to a TV. Now it was supposed to make interfacing easier and cleaner but lately it's more annoying than anything else. Maybe I should just tweak the win interface so that it is usable on this rather old CRT TV!?

BTW some other issues.
- Standard rather small letters. Movie descriptions and such things are hard to read if hooked up trough a s-video connection. Luckily this can relatively easy be "corrected" by modding the file that contains the letter info (font, size..). Should be possible in the settings if you ask me. Now certain things don't fit nicely anymore. But at least it's readable.
- Would be better to be able to skip trough a file instead of fast forwarding. For instance take a movie of lets say 3h fast forwarding to lets say 60% takes forever (especially HD material). There is a bar while FF'ing why not make that bar clickable? Or considering remotes instead of a mouse pointer FF by jumping 1min every half a second or so, click FF again increase jumps to 5min, click it again increase jump to 10min.
- Give folders a different color. Often not clear if I'm dealing with a folder or filename, this occasionally deletes the current playlist if you click a file wile thinking its a folder.
- There is still this bug that when you move your mouse pointer to quickly (normal speed is to quick) the drop-down bar at the top with the play buttuns will not go away.
- No hardware accelerated video playback, oh so important for HD content playback on older systems. Which are often used for media center setups.
@eNdEmiOn. I agree. I don't see why the devs and users are so against this feature. Having this feature toggleable would appease everyone, but they seem to think that it's a worthless feature to have due to the ability of creating your own playlists. But I would disagree.

First off I setup an XBMC machine for my parents. They are senior citizens and aren't very tech savvy. To create the most consumer friendly interface, would be to limit button presses to a minimum. I think that's a given. So here's the scenario. My parents are watching a Korean television show. There are currently 120 total episodes that have aired to date. However my parents have only watched up until episode 87. If they want to watch it, all they have to do is turn on the XBMC machine. Navigate to 'Videos->Television->Title of the Show' and then click play on the episode 87. Simple. However, to setup a playlist, it would at least 4 addition button presses. Pressing play on the parent node is completely useless as it would start playing from episode 1 and they need to start on episode 87. So now it would require my parents to go to parent directory (title of the show), click the button the bring up the options menu, click on Add to Playlist, then go back to the options menu, go to Now Playing, and now finally they can scroll down and select the episode. All of these steps could have been avoided if XBMC had a play next video option. And again, minimizing button presses is key to user friendliness.

The biggest argument I've read against having this feature is that autoplaying would be annoying for movies or auto playing the next movie would be annoying. But first off, most people press stop once a movie is done playing. I don't know anyone that sits through the credits and then wait for it to auto stop. It would also be a lot easier to press stop on a movie rather than making a playlist as I outlined above every time they wanted to watch a TV show. Lastly that's why making this option toggleable would appease everyone. I understand if this feature is too difficult to code. But when I first joined this topic a dev said he would get right on it and it would take a day to implement. So AFAIK, it's not that difficult to implement (Unless I was misinformed.) I would be grateful if the devs reconsidered this request.
Like I already said before there won't be any progress on this until Dharma is out as it is in feature freeze. I have already provided a patch for this on tv episode level (you browse to a tv episode, fire up the context menu and choose "Play from here" (or whatever the label will be).
It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Best case IMO would be to have:
1. an option to change the behaviour of "Play" on tv show/season level to automatically start playing from the first unwatched episode (and queue the following ones)
2. an option to change the behaviour of "Play" on tv episode level to automatically start the current file and queue all the following ones

Maybe still show the context menu option "Play from here" if you have disabled option 2 so you can still use the feature if you need it once in a while.

I would be happy to take a shot at it as soon as Dharma is out IF the devs would consider including such a patch.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Like I already said before there won't be any progress on this until Dharma is out as it is in feature freeze. I have already provided a patch for this on tv episode level (you browse to a tv episode, fire up the context menu and choose "Play from here" (or whatever the label will be).
It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Best case IMO would be to have:
1. an option to change the behaviour of "Play" on tv show/season level to automatically start playing from the first unwatched episode (and queue the following ones)
2. an option to change the behaviour of "Play" on tv episode level to automatically start the current file and queue all the following ones

Maybe still show the context menu option "Play from here" if you have disabled option 2 so you can still use the feature if you need it once in a while.

I would be happy to take a shot at it as soon as Dharma is out IF the devs would consider including such a patch.

Would you patch work with just regular video files that are not in Library mode? What I mean is, my parents watch a lot of Korean TV shows. There are no wrappers for them, so I do not view these files in library mode. So basically I have them on a shared drive within folders. I use SMB to share them to my XBMC box. Would this patch work in this instance? Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it sounds like your patch will only work in library mode.
jmarshall Wrote:try pressing play on the folder.

It not that that is wanted by people ! Add a tick in System/Video/Playback/Play the next video automatically !
skim32 Wrote:Would you patch work with just regular video files that are not in Library mode? What I mean is, my parents watch a lot of Korean TV shows. There are no wrappers for them, so I do not view these files in library mode. So basically I have them on a shared drive within folders. I use SMB to share them to my XBMC box. Would this patch work in this instance? Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it sounds like your patch will only work in library mode.

Hear, hear. And one has hope that this ends up supported in video add-ons as well. It's very non-user friendly not being able to "play all from here" the results of a youtube search, or "today's list of CNET episodes", and a bunch of other similar examples.
jmarshall Wrote:try pressing play on the folder.

Да что вы со своей папкой !!! Разработчик ё-маё да сделай ты уже эту функцию. Ну нехочу я папку воспроизводить всю я хочу с определённого видео начать и чтобы играло оно подряд потом !!!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0