• 9(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
While I fully respect and admire all those contributing to this project, I am surprised that this feature has not been integrated. It has been requested by so many and for so long! Just look at when this thread started!

I looked into the possibility of compiling my own build with a patch, but since I started using XBMCfreak version for my Revo I don't believe this is an option.

This feature just makes sense, or at least it is completely harmless to have such option available to users.
A few days ago I received feedback from jonathan and I adjusted my patch according to his suggestions.
I hope that as soon as Dharma is released as a stable build this feature will get integrated soon.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I just dusted off my old and only once used login information to so say that I would dearly love to see this feature added to a future release.

Montellese's patch would seem to be exactly what I'm hoping for, but, alas, compiling from source is a little over my head. I can muck around xml's with the best of them (I hacked the crap out of Back Row getting everything exactly the way I like), but tarballs give me the willies.

Thanks either way.
jmarshall Wrote:try pressing play on the folder.

I don't want to lose a folder!
I like balalaika, vodka, and russian beer.
Would be aslo nice to add options:
popup window "Play the next episode ?" YES or NO
after the end watched episode.
castortray Wrote:Would be aslo nice to add options:
popup window "Play the next episode ?" YES or NO
after the end watched episode.

I know I'm weak, graphic designer, but following option will be awesome addon:

Should be a feature to continuously play video files without creating a playlist.

BTW - If this feature exists, someone please tell me about it!

You should be able to play files in sequence from the one selected or randomly, remembering what was played so they don't repeat until the end of the source is reached.

Thanks!
Dragontech ioBox 100HD w/1TB internal - YAMJ - Unique Black Glas
HTPC running XBMC & Boxee
Thecus N4100Pro NAS w/4x1.5TB Western Digital Green Drives Raid 5
Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/106" Elite Screen
Onkyo TX-SR606
Logitech Harmony One Remote
I'd be grateful for an option to enable/disable autoplay somewhere in the settings.
You can play an entire folder, series or season by pressing "play" in the context menu. (To get the context menu, press c or right-click when the folder or whatever is highlighted.)
TheStretchedElf Wrote:You can play an entire folder, series or season by pressing "play" in the context menu. (To get the context menu, press c or right-click when the folder or whatever is highlighted.)

but there is no options to play only unwatched episodes in tv_series Sad

music library has this option (automatically play next...) implemented, so what is the issue to implement it for tv shows ?
My patch is still pending to get integrated into the source code. It will allow you to perform "Play from here" on any tv episode from the context menu. This way you can switch to "watched only" mode in your tv episodes and then start watching with "play from here" and you'll see one unwatched episode after another.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Holy cow you are kidding me........

I've just started looking for this feature, and I cannot believe this thread is 5 years old and the option to automatically play next file is still not implemented. AFAIK most desktop players like GOM, Zoom Player, etc have done this for years.

Montellese: I hope if anything your patch gets integrated. Though it would be easier if it's just an option in Video Settings. Rather than having to specifically go into a context menu just to choose "Play from Here".
Prizm4 Wrote:Montellese: I hope if anything your patch gets integrated. Though it would be easier if it's just an option in Video Settings. Rather than having to specifically go into a context menu just to choose "Play from Here".

Well the patch should get integrated soon as it has already been accepted.
Concerning the Context Button vs. Settings option: I think the opinions differ on this decision (as so often) and personally I prefer a context menu button because I rarely have time to watch two episodes in a row so I usually only wanna see a single one and then stop. Therefore it would be a bit of a pain if I always had to manually stop the player because it already started the next episode I don't have time to watch anyway.
But I guess half of the people would prefer it this way and the other half the other way around Wink What might be nice would be a dialog after playback of an episode finished which asks you whether you would like to watch the next episode or not.
Montellese: you're right, people prefer different methods. Now that I think about it, I think at some point down the line, both options could be implemented. "Play from here" could become standard in the context menu, and there could also be an option in Settings for "automatically play next episode".

Anyway, just wishful thinking given the history of this topic haha

As it is, I'm happy for any kind of option at this stage.
Prizm4 Wrote:Montellese: you're right, people prefer different methods. Now that I think about it, I think at some point down the line, both options could be implemented. "Play from here" could become standard in the context menu, and there could also be an option in Settings for "automatically play next episode".

Anyway, just wishful thinking given the history of this topic haha

As it is, I'm happy for any kind of option at this stage.

I totally agree!!!
Users wait to long for this feature, so in my opinion will be grate to have two options:
- "Play from here" in context menu
- "automatically play next episode" (enable or disable popup window "Play the next episode ?" YES or NO Example)
it will be reward for the long waiting period Wink
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0