• 1(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
Lightbulb 
when i buy tv shows and stuff on dvd, i love the play all feature so i can play it and just let it go and not have to look for the controler ever time i want to pick the next show. also if someone is wanting to watch a movie that is in acouple parts then it would keep playing it in order. thanks for you time Smile

cheers
add them to a playlist like mp3s. push y on the controller to add to the playlist and black button to goto the playlist menu.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
this does however address a ui issue between my videos and my music.

i would personally like to see a more unified behavior between video playlists, music folders, and picture slideshows as they are all doing the same thing in pretty different ways. its not very intuitive.
hello!

i have a really big load of music videos on my xbox. at the moment to play them continuously, i have to add them to a playlist and then start the playlist. i would like to be able to go into a folder, start one file, and have xbmc continue playing the whole folder. just like it is with folders in mymusic.
this would be really useful as i have the music videos in different category folders and if i put them all into one playlist, the folder stucture is lost and searching one specific file gets a really annoying task.

of cause this should be optional for people who only watch full movies... in the settings.xml there is an entry called "autoplaynextitem" for mymusic. would be great to have an equal option for myvideos.

one other point regarding video playback: if i setup a video playlist and start playing it, everything works fine. but if i start one music or video file manually (not through the playlist) then this file ist played but playback stops after the file. i think the playlist should continue playing if it was already playing before starting the single file!

these two features would be a real advantage for me and perhaps for other people, too! it would be great if you could look into it, souldn't be too complicated since this has already been implemented for mymusic...

keep up the great work!!
:thumbsup:  :bowdown:  :thumbsup:

greetz, mediafreak :nuts:
i second this. but instead of making it automatic, it could be selectable setting from the general or video settings. that way you can enable/disablle this feature at your leisure. one step forward would be to be able to have all your playlists in one folder and play through all of them when you select only one when this option is enabled.... just an idea, though.
(asteron @ jan. 16 2005,22:56 Wrote:i would personally like to see a more unified behavior between video playlists, music folders, and picture slideshows as they are all doing the same thing in pretty different ways.  its not very intuitive.

i am totaly with you asteron! i am requesting an universal playlist for all kind of content since one year...

ps: i am currently trying to implement it with python scripting (at least pictures and video).
unified playlists would be great, i'd like to see an image playlist!

there should be three options in the settings for both music and videos, after playing a file:
-stop
-resume with next file
-resume with playlist

then everyone can customize it the way he likes it...
could you add a "auto play next item" to the configuration of my video's section of xbmc like you have with the my music section

i would be really helpful for loads of tv episodes so you no longer have to press down - select, for the next one in the list :d

thanks guys!

Smile
when using dvd remote it a pain pressing buttons everywhere all the time, there should be either play all on a folder or auto play next, would make life alot easier. i hate having to get out the control pads when i want to get the menu's.

:d
try pressing play on the folder.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

how about play next video in list when actual video is finished?
no i dont mean playlist or stacking just play next no matter how the name is
not super important or even important. if its that important use playlists as you said. but why would you want this?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
no, it is super important. at least to me. i have a large collection of music clips. i'd like to be able to click a clip, watch it, and then not have silence while whoevers operating xbmc digs through to look for the next one they want to listen to. yeah, i know you can use a playlist, but its not quite the same. you can use playlists in audio, but you still have autoplay next item, because its needed. same thing for music clips.
just que the folder of video clips to a playlist, and it will auto skip onto next file after, hit black and scoll through if you wana skip some
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
just add your video extensions to the music window if you want them.

they are music clips, afterall.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0