[AppleTV2] Jailbreak ATV2?
I got through the tutorial to step 9 where you have to restore the settings on the aTV. From the custom build.

In iTunes it has a warning that the Apple TV could not be restored. "the device isn't eligible for the requested build.

What did I miss?
ozzybeef Wrote:I got through the tutorial to step 9 where you have to restore the settings on the aTV. From the custom build.

In iTunes it has a warning that the Apple TV could not be restored. "the device isn't eligible for the requested build.

What did I miss?

need itunes 10.x
This tutorial didn't work for me, same error. It's from october last year, use this http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605
Sorry for hijacking this thread but is it possible to jailbreak without iTunes?
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
is it possible to drive your car without tires?
Hehe well I take that as a no, even though I seen people drive around on their rims. ;-)
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
Fox Wrote:Hehe well I take that as a no, even though I seen people drive around on their rims. ;-)

Ya, he shoulda said is it possible to drive your car without wheels? Or he coulda just answered the question nicely.

There's no way, that I know of, to load the firmware ipsw file onto the iOS device without iTunes so that's the obstacle. It's possible that someone could do it someday but not likely since iTunes already exists and it'd be no small task to duplicate what it's doing.
jd2157 Wrote:Ya, he shoulda said is it possible to drive your car without wheels? Or he coulda just answered the question nicely.

There's no way, that I know of, to load the firmware ipsw file onto the iOS device without iTunes so that's the obstacle. It's possible that someone could do it someday but not likely since iTunes already exists and it'd be no small task to duplicate what it's doing.

i heard somewhere that gre3npois0n will be available for linux (apple doesnt make an itunes client for linux).

so maybe ?
schneidz Wrote:i heard somewhere that gre3npois0n will be available for linux (apple doesnt make an itunes client for linux).

so maybe ?

While that's possible, I believe Greenpois0n just jailbreaks the existing firmware on the device, doesn't load up a new one like Seas0npass and Pwnagetool... which use iTunes to get the modified firmware on the atv2.

Pretty sure I've yet to see a tool that loads the firmware without iTunes, likely because of the digital signing of the firmware files. The phone-home stuff is handled by Tiny Umbrella and an IP redirect but iTunes is still doing the firmware load.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Jailbreak ATV2?0