[WINDOWS] Problem with keymap in navigator
I'm not sure where to put this, but I'm trying to add a key in the keyboard.xml file so that when I go to the Video-Files it works but no matter what I do I just get a notification that the key is pressed but nothing happens. What section should I be modifying in order for it to work?
A few more details are needed.

There are a few keys that pop up a little notification in the bottom right of the screen when you press them. Is this what you're seeing? The keys that do this are things like the MCE shortcut for Live TV, as there is no obvious action for Live TV in Dharma.

If you're trying to create a custom keymapping try using my keymap editor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
The key that I'm using, in this case ctrl-e is not used by xbmc.
kruuth Wrote:The key that I'm using, in this case ctrl-e is not used by xbmc.

Assuming you're using Dharma ctrl-E will take you to the Videos page. However you can override it if you want to.

JR
I don't see it in the keyboard config. I did manage to get it going though.

BTW, I like your editor, but it keeps crashing when I try to save.
kruuth Wrote:BTW, I like your editor, but it keeps crashing when I try to save.

That's odd. At what point does it crash? When you select File/Save (or press ctrl-S) or after the save dialog has opened and you click OK?

JR
When I try to save and overwrite an existing xml file
kruuth Wrote:When I try to save and overwrite an existing xml file

Hmm, does it depend on what's in the file? If you create a new empty file and save that does it crash? If not, can you pin down what needs to be added to the list ion order to make the editor crash?

I've just tried saving over my existing keyboard.xml and that worked fine. I'm wondering if there's a bug reading the data from the keymap list box.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Problem with keymap in navigator0