[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?
Whenever I enter the command:

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Central localtime

I get:

-sh: In: command not found

Any suggestions?
its ln ( L and N )
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
XBMC<ATV2>

Does anybody know where i can find the plug in for National Geographic Channel? I downloaded 1 plugin but its that the National Geo is not available in the list.

and how am i going to install it. thanks so much. Quick reply would be so much appreciated. And pls include some awesome add ons pls. .zip! Big Grin muchly appreciated..
Memphiz Wrote:its ln ( L and N )

Thanks Mephiz!! I kept seeing it as an "i" Rolleyes
Anyone else having issues changing their time on XBMC 10.0-9? I am running ATV2 4.1.1 firmware (4.2 iOS), and I can't seem to get the time zone changed from GMT, even running the instructions provided in this thread.
I can't set the time since upgrading XBMC either.
[quote=Memphiz]its ln ( L and N )[/QUOT

when i enter ln-s/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Pacific localtime
i get no such file or directory

or ln -s/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/pacific localtime
i get invalid option

did i enter right?
Just "Guttenberg" it Wink copy & paste
Code:
cd /private/var/db/timezone
hit enter
Code:
rm localtime
hit enter
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/pacific localtime
change the Timezone to one which fits you and hit enter

This should work. Important are the spaces between "ln", "-s" and "/usr/share/........"
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Solo0815 Wrote:Just "Guttenberg" it Wink copy & paste
Code:
cd /private/var/db/timezone
hit enter
Code:
rm localtime
hit enter
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/pacific localtime
change the Timezone to one which fits you and hit enter

This should work. Important are the spaces between "ln", "-s" and "/usr/share/........"

Thank you for your kindness
it went through but it didnt work for me maybe i was using chinese display with the region. appreciate the details i learned something new todayLaugh
None of these fixes seem to work for me. I'm jailbroken on the latest 4.3 version. I did the old manual fix first and now I can't reset the timezone via the settings menu. Is there a way to rebuild the timezone file in the new format?
it might be something as easy as setting the right time zone on the settings part of the apple tv screen when you first turn it on. Maybe somewhere along the line you never set it or it got reset during a jailbreak. I had the same issue with the time...all i did was reset it the main apple tv menu that you use to put the atv to sleep. Just a thought maybe its that easy...worked for me.
Thanks kucarachi! I fixed it by setting the time zone and then powering down (pulling the plug). It came back up and paused for a long time on the 'setting date & time' screen. But it eventually came up with the right time.
iOS 4.3 offers the ability to set the Time Zone via the Apple TV2 gui, under Settings > General > Time Zone.

On previous iOS versions it has to be done via command line. cd /var/db/timezone ; rm localtime ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/[Country or Region]/[Zone Name] localtime (e.g. "ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Eastern localtime")
Well I posted in this thread almost 2 years ago and finally got to messing with this setting..

I am using cyberduck to ssh..

That is as far as I can get..

Somehow I was able to change the timezone to boston America and now on my xbmc im 3 hours fast Sad

sorry for being such a knoob...I have read this thread twice....

XBMC RULES!!!!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?1