• 26(current)
FAQ/info/issues
dtviewer Wrote:Are you running a nightly XBMC or the official? (Im guessing official?)

Tethered or untethered jailbreak?

Running the unofficial build from July 6.

Tethered jailbreak? It's been months since iOS 4.3 has been an untethered jailbreak.
Today I updated to iOS 4.3 (build 8F305) and official 10.0-9 build.

Now if I enable AC3 and DTS pass-through, I hear only noise and my receiver receives a 2 channel PCM signal (the movie is 5.1 though).

I had no problems with iOS 4.2.1 (8C154) and an older Version of XBMC (don't know the version number any more).

Is this a 4.3 specific issue?
airmax Wrote:Today I updated to iOS 4.3 (build 8F305) and official 10.0-9 build.

Now if I enable AC3 and DTS pass-through, I hear only noise and my receiver receives a 2 channel PCM signal (the movie is 5.1 though).

I had no problems with iOS 4.2.1 (8C154) and an older Version of XBMC (don't know the version number any more).

Is this a 4.3 specific issue?

iOS version shouldn't impact XBMC in any way as long as you have jailbroken your device.

Are you generating thumbnails? As per:

pecinko Wrote:...
Q: Some of my AC3 files stutter or have static noise!
A: AC3 Audio can stutter and pause video. Generating thumbnails is the culprit, go into Settings > Video > File and deselect 'generate thumbnails'. Fix is in mainline, not atv2 branch yet. Also some are experiencing static with this enabled, regardless of Generate Thumbs selected or not.
jlor Wrote:iOS version shouldn't impact XBMC in any way as long as you have jailbroken your device.

Are you generating thumbnails? As per:

Yes , I have tried to disable this function - but it didn't change the sound issue.

Meanwhile I found this info in the nightly build thread:

Quote:In the AppleTV menu, just go to Settings>Audio & Video>Audio Output and change it from "Auto" to "16 bit" (thx DN38416)

Done this, now AC3 and DTS work again. NodNod
10.0-9: Known issue - Resume from "Now Playing" doesn't work - stream starts from beginning. XBMC does recognize that the movie has already been playing by asking if you want to resume from said point - but still starts from the beginning when selected.
I don't have that problem. My xbmc starts from where I left off in the video.

EmKay
emkay Wrote:I don't have that problem. My xbmc starts from where I left off in the video.

EmKay

And you are running 10.0-9 on ATV2 and you are referring to "Now Playing" playlist? Could it be related to media type? I'm using isos.
in 10.0-9 i lost the ability to select the options menu while a movie is playing. This the menu where i would set the play back preferences. Like turn off subtitles. Anyone know of a work around? I cant for the life of me figure this one out in the settings menu. Thanks in advance for any help.
@sjskent: Hold select/ok to open the menu while watching a video.

@ironmanco: what exactly is the "now playing" menu? I mean the little popup when selecting a video file where you can choose to start from beginning or resume the video where you left off last time. If you mean that, too, then "yes" Wink P.S.: I don't use ISOs.

EmKay
emkay Wrote:@sjskent: Hold select/ok to open the menu while watching a video.

@ironmanco: what exactly is the "now playing" menu? I mean the little popup when selecting a video file where you can choose to start from beginning or resume the video where you left off last time. If you mean that, too, then "yes" Wink P.S.: I don't use ISOs.

EmKay

If you hold down (can't remember and don't have the system in front of me) the menu button on the browse window, it will come up with a submenu. One of the options is "Now Playing". I believe there are other ways to get there as well. Anyway, when you select one of the movies that is in the "now playing" list, it will give you the option of starting from the beginning or starting from where it left off (it shows you the elapsed time). When starting where left off, the movie starts from the beginning.

I use this menu ALL the time as I often start a movie and don't finish it. This keeps a running list of all of the aforementioned movies.
On the latest nightly I ave noticed 2 issues. In my library if I select a movie on the ipad2 it take a minute or so before the working icon appears also subtitles are always on where no subtitle is listed in the menu? Are these known issues...

I would go back to the June release but this has no gestures and so I can't scroll on the main page or through my library :-(
emkay Wrote:@sjskent: Hold select/ok to open the menu while watching a video.

EmKay

@emkay Thanks for this. I was using a different key on my Harmony remote which stopped working after the upgrade. I wasn't aware of holding the Select/OK.
Question 
Last time I checked on upgrading to the latest iOS was in April I believe. Are the audio bugs and the other issues that were going on fixed? I would love to have the latest so I can have 5.1 Netflix, but not at the cost of a smooth XBMC experience. Thanks for any replies Smile
ironmanco Wrote:10.0-9: Known issue - Resume from "Now Playing" doesn't work - stream starts from beginning. XBMC does recognize that the movie has already been playing by asking if you want to resume from said point - but still starts from the beginning when selected.

Its not 10.0.9 related, i sometimes run into the same issue and i am still on 10.0.7. My wired ATV2 always resumes fine, my wi-fi ATV2 SOMETIMES just starts from beginning even when it asked for resume. Dont know why it is like this, i stopped wondering about it.
me and another guy have problem with latest ios and 10.0-9, the problem is export video library crash xbmc with no reason !
here is the link to the post :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105405
we both have our crash logs there.
can some one confirmin that if you can export video library or not ?!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FAQ/info/issues1