• 5(current)
FAQ/info/issues
precator Wrote:In the future will XBMC for ATV2 be able to display in 1080p? Or is it a limitation on the ATV2 device itself?

FAQ section is needed :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:FAQ section is needed :-)

go for it, I'll sticky it once you are done :p
pecinko Wrote:FAQ section is needed :-)

Maybe 2... one for official builds and one for unofficial builds?
Hi All

i see a few of you have got mysql to work on your iphones, can anyone help me with this.. i have all my sources mapped using smb:// and i have the normal advancedsettings that i use on all my other boxes (have 3 in the house all sync'd), but for some reason it just appears to get ignored?
~Update

it was that my advancedSettings.xml had a capital S, not an issue on windows but obviously a problem on ios.

Will try this all again when i get home.

Thanks for your help! now if i can just work out why webserver isn't working?
stevenD Wrote:I have mostly 720p movies but still a few 1080p which I have tested on the 2011-02-03 release.

In general I experience some frame drops or lags on all films. Hard to find a patterns and reproduce, but it happens a couple of times per minute. My guess is that XBMC periodically does something in the background which draws the attention from the movie playback. Or it might have something to do with 24 fps playing back @60 Hz

In my opinion the number one issue. Could you add it to the list?

Discussed here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91790
-wrong thread-

sorry
acidduck Wrote:In my opinion the number one issue. Could you add it to the list?

Discussed here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91790

Where's your posting of xbmc.log with debug enabled ?
Archive post

The following list was updated and put under relevent headings on 5th Feb 2011 - forum posts made before this date which reference bullett points below may be refering to the incorrect bullett if quoting its position in the list.

The following information applies to the original iOS/ATV releases. Please see this thread for information regarding the unofficial nightly builds

Playback, video:
  • 1080p file playback is not smooth. Note: At present, though the ATV2 can decode 1080p video, it is limited by frontrow to outputting 720p video. Improvements in this area will focus on achieving smooth playback of 1080p files at 720p output. Though 1080p output may be possible, it is not a priority at the moment. To see if you can really benefit with 1080p output, please consult this chart

• Hardware decoding is for h264 only. As a result, 720p XviD, WMV and other HD encodings stutter. Standard definition should work fine. (thanks nmat)

• no RTMP support (especially important for certain AddOns that use RTMP streams e.g. BBC iPlayer, or Hulu), and also no MMS streaming (thanks Muuh)

• VOB/ISO support not implemented yet

• large MKV files packaged with subtitles in the container can crash XBMC unless subtitles are disabled (thanks candyman2000)

• There is currently no control over display characteristics, e.g. autoswitching refresh rate 24/50/60 Hz (thanks acidduck)

Playback, audio:
  • audio outputs in stereo only - this was deliberately set up this way to lower the testing base. If you want to enable AC3 and DTS yourself see this thread

• incorrect downmixing of audio - front channels downmixed to right stereo channel, rear channels downmixed to left stereo channel (thanks nukedeath)

Playback, other:
  • Subtitles not displayed correctly/at all (see here). The referenced thread refers to an unofficial nightly build. I'm presuming the issue wasn't introduced in the build and was present in the original. If I'm wrong (on any of these points) please correct me

GUI:
  • The performance of XBMC's interface could be better: faster, more responsive (using a lighter skin may help for now) (thanks nmat)

• Navigation sounds are disabled (thanks nmat)

• iPad/iPhone displays do not rotate (see this thread)

• 'Glassy' reflections seen in many of the skins are not working properly as diffusing isn't currently working properly under GLES (thanks TwisTz)

• issue with displaying overlays correctly

• does not read folder.jpg or filename.tbn files

Media/Library:
  • Scanning for remote music shares is broken, library does not update (thanks gerner)

• Picture shares are not working (thanks for reporting gerner, confirmation thread here)

Control:
  • Rolling repeat button presses not working from remote control - i.e. scrolling through menus by holding down a direction button (thanks bwelton - via another thread)

• no support for third party remotes. Will be coming in future releases (see this thread)

• webserver disabled (so xbmc remote apps for smartphones / ipod touch, or anything else dependant on the web server will not currently work)

• touch scroll gestures not handled by XBMC yet (i.e. ability to flick through lists rather than use scroll bars)

other:
  • Sleep time is set to "never" when exiting XBMC (thanks Mr Zippy)

• Time is incorrect - see here for a fix

I'm not sure how often I will be able to update this first post, but please check the time and date of the last edit to find out how up-to-date the info is. If an update has been made recently but you still can't see what you're looking for in this post then try searching the thread - it may have been reported but not confirmed or backed-up with evidence.

If you know of any more issues, or want to correct any of those I've written above then stick it in a reply. Please ensure there is a link to the original discussion of the issue. The "gold standard" is to have a reply from Davilla saying that it is a "known issue".

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD AS A PLACE TO ASK IF "XYZ" IS WORKING OR NOT. Issues should be discussed elsewhere and confirmed before adding to this thread.
Snapshot of meshuga's list of issues/improvements from the nightly build thread taken on the day of release of official build 10.0-4. Issues should be the same.

meshuga Wrote:FIXES INCLUDED SINCE RELEASE:
NEEDS TESTED: (awaiting confirmation)
  • 1080p file playback - Seems more smooth but is anyone having problems with any 1080p now?
  • Keyboard using an eventclient like XBMC Remote on iPhone doesn't seem to work.
  • Images when scraping works sometimes now. Some are having probs, others aren't. Needs more investigation.
  • Audio sync problems with MKVs? I have not experienced this, but several have reported it.
  • Visualizer is not working
  • Bluetooth keycodes should work now
  • SSA Subs are broken
  • Library mode in Music is greyed out, but remote library w/ mysql works
  • Last.fm submission is not working, but sometimes works? needs testing

WHATS STILL MISSING/BROKEN: (confirmed by davilla)
  • MMS Support
  • AC3 Audio can stutter and pause video. Generating Thumbnails is the culprit, go into Settings > Video > File and deselect 'generate thumbnails'. Fix is in mainline, not atv2 branch yet. Also some are experiencing static with this enabled, regardless of Generate Thumbs selected or not.
  • 'Navigation sounds are disabled since they use SDL_mixer and there's no SDL in atv2/ios' Davilla said they will be brought back after merge to trunk.
  • Pictures is loading up thumbs but not full pic?
  • Not outputting Retina Display resolution on supported devices
  • ISO Playback doesn't work
  • SMB shares sometimes won't resolve, even by IP. Restart fixes it.
  • Keyboard doesn't work on eventclient remotes because of: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=708846&postcount=9
  • LIBRARY SCANNING / SCRAPING causes xbmc to crash and/or the scraper itself. Turn off 'Generate Thumbnails' under Settings > File Types.
  • With BT keyboards, some keys dont work. (Shift-R in library mode wont take to the R's for example) This will require a refactoring so no fix in the short term.
  • Since all non h264-based codecs require software decoding, resolutions past SD are hard for XBMC to handle on ATV2/iOS.
  • XBMC doesn't load sometimes after 1st launch out of sleep. 2nd works. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92038
  • SMB is read-only. Write access is planned.
  • Interlacing is disabled on mpeg2. (maybe more?) No easy short-term fix.

Xbmc Starts on every First try now - it isn't an issue anymore...
Memphiz Wrote:Xbmc Starts on every First try now - it isn't an issue anymore...

thanks!

issue has been removed from issues list
First of all, thanks for compiling this list.

This issue:
"incorrect downmixing of audio - front channels downmixed to right stereo channel, rear channels downmixed to left stereo channel"

is still present in the 10.0-4 build. And it's making me crazy, and unable to use XBMC on ATV2 as of now :\
MultiMink Wrote:This issue:
"incorrect downmixing of audio[...]"

is still present in the 10.0-4 build. And it's making me crazy, and unable to use XBMC on ATV2 as of now :\

Thanks,

Added to the list again
Incorrect audio channels, SSA subtitles not working and no untethered jailbreak make this one poor experience for now.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FAQ/info/issues1