Menu Customization - different category
Hi all,

I just started using XBMC last week. Since I have a big collection of anime (series, movies and OVAs) I'm thinking of a having a separate menu for them in the home menu, so that the movie and tv menu section won't be over crowded. I'm thingking something like:

>Movies
>TV Shows
>Anime
> > Series
> > Movies
> > OVA

With an anime menu having 3 sub-menus (series, movies and OVA).

Is it possible, for example, having all my anime in it's separate directory and add that directory under "anime"? Even after the scraper fetch the info from thetvdb.com and the moviedb.com, they won't be added under Movies or TV Shows but only to the anime section (on their respective sub-menu).

It is highly possible that this has been discussed somewhere. If it is, can someone please point me to the right directions?

For added info, I'm using Win7.

Thanks
WhiteLighter Wrote:Hi all,

I just started using XBMC last week. Since I have a big collection of anime (series, movies and OVAs) I'm thinking of a having a separate menu for them in the home menu, so that the movie and tv menu section won't be over crowded. I'm thingking something like:

>Movies
>TV Shows
>Anime
> > Series
> > Movies
> > OVA

With an anime menu having 3 sub-menus (series, movies and OVA).

Is it possible, for example, having all my anime in it's separate directory and add that directory under "anime"? Even after the scraper fetch the info from thetvdb.com and the moviedb.com, they won't be added under Movies or TV Shows but only to the anime section (on their respective sub-menu).

It is highly possible that this has been discussed somewhere. If it is, can someone please point me to the right directions?

For added info, I'm using Win7.

Thanks
You cant have separated libraries, but you can add special playlists for anime-series(I think?), -movies and -OVA and then add them to favourites. After that you map the favourite you want, to the submenu you want. Before you start making the menus, just make sure you disable "play playlists in submenu". (this option is only in the svn version of transparency). If youre not running the svn version, there is som manual editing you have to do to make the playlists not play.

Theres a lot of threads on how you make special playlists, and you should take a look at the wiki. If you get stuck, I can help you find some helpful links.

Good luckSmile

Edit: post 2 in this thread describes howto manualy make your playlists browseable instead of start playing. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84927
joeranjensen Wrote:You cant have separated libraries, but you can add special playlists for anime-series(I think?), -movies and -OVA and then add them to favourites. After that you map the favourite you want, to the submenu you want. Before you start making the menus, just make sure you disable "play playlists in submenu". (this option is only in the svn version of transparency). If youre not running the svn version, there is som manual editing you have to do to make the playlists not play.

Theres a lot of threads on how you make special playlists, and you should take a look at the wiki. If you get stuck, I can help you find some helpful links.

Good luckSmile

Edit: post 2 in this thread describes howto manualy make your playlists browseable instead of start playing. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84927

Thanks for the info ^_^ I'll be looking at it and will be taking your offer for help if I get stuck (or mess up) somewhere.
joeranjensen Wrote:You cant have separated libraries, but you can add special playlists for anime-series(I think?), -movies and -OVA and then add them to favourites. After that you map the favourite you want, to the submenu you want. Before you start making the menus, just make sure you disable "play playlists in submenu". (this option is only in the svn version of transparency). If youre not running the svn version, there is som manual editing you have to do to make the playlists not play.

Good luckSmile

As promised, I'll be bugging you for a while ^_^ I've been playing with the smart playlist, I used the path, thinking that if I take the root folder, It will take everything under it (so that I can just add videos on that path) but when I check the playlist, it is empty. It is not picking the videos under it. Should I added the video files manually one by one?

Here's my directory
> Anime Collection
> > Anime Movies
> > > Movie Title
> > > > Movie.mkv
> > Anime Series
> > > Series Title
> > > > Season #
> > > > > Series.mkv

I added the path Anime Movies on one play list and Anime Series on another. But when I view the playlist, it is empty.
WhiteLighter Wrote:As promised, I'll be bugging you for a while ^_^ I've been playing with the smart playlist, I used the path, thinking that if I take the root folder, It will take everything under it (so that I can just add videos on that path) but when I check the playlist, it is empty. It is not picking the videos under it. Should I added the video files manually one by one?

Here's my directory
> Anime Collection
> > Anime Movies
> > > Movie Title
> > > > Movie.mkv
> > Anime Series
> > > Series Title
> > > > Season #
> > > > > Series.mkv

I added the path Anime Movies on one play list and Anime Series on another. But when I view the playlist, it is empty.

If the path to the folder you want to use is c:\movies\anime collection\anime movies, you could just make the rule: Find items where path starts with c:\movies\anime collection\anime movies. Then all the videos in the "anime movies" folder will appear on that playlist. Hope this was helpfulSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:If the path to the folder you want to use is c:\movies\anime collection\anime movies, you could just make the rule: Find items where path starts with c:\movies\anime collection\anime movies. Then all the videos in the "anime movies" folder will appear on that playlist. Hope this was helpfulSmile

I guess I over looked something. You're reply has pointed it out to me ^_^ " path starts with". I think I'm using "path is". Thanks, will be checking my settings tonight back at home ^_^
Thanks for all your help, I was able to do what I what with the menu. After poking around the forum, I found a thread with a complete guide of exactly what I'm looking for. I have linked it here just in case others are also looking for a way to customized their menu.
WhiteLighter Wrote:Thanks for all your help, I was able to do what I what with the menu. After poking around the forum, I found a thread with a complete guide of exactly what I'm looking for. I have linked it here just in case others are also looking for a way to customized their menu.

No problemSmile After all the help Ive got from this forum, Im just glad if I can do something back

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Customization - different category0