Acer revo 3700 hdmi video loss
I just purchased a acer aspire revo 3700 and am getting it prepared for getting xbmc setup on. I've encountered a pretty show stopper problem. The first time the machine boots connected to a hdmi port on my tv it shows the acer bios splash screen and the fancy windows 7 loading screen, after that if I reboot the splash screen is not displayed the low res windows loading screen is shown with just a green loading bar and the tv never shows the windows desktop just invalid signal message. I can boot into safe mode and see the desktop but not regular windows. If I connect the hdmi cable to another port in the tv, it works again until reboot.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Oo
Bump...
raeky Wrote:I just purchased a acer aspire revo 3700 and am getting it prepared for getting xbmc setup on. I've encountered a pretty show stopper problem. The first time the machine boots connected to a hdmi port on my tv it shows the acer bios splash screen and the fancy windows 7 loading screen, after that if I reboot the splash screen is not displayed the low res windows loading screen is shown with just a green loading bar and the tv never shows the windows desktop just invalid signal message. I can boot into safe mode and see the desktop but not regular windows. If I connect the hdmi cable to another port in the tv, it works again until reboot.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Oo

Strange...I have not experienced this problem with my 3700. Can you try another TV?
i also have a 3700 and don't experience this problem. I do find that every 4th or 5th time I resume from standby/hibernation the ethernet port seems to stop working and I have to restart though...quite annoying
It may be the TV, I think I saw reference to other models that had similar problems related to the TV sending wrong stats about it's resolution causing the Revo to output at a resolution the TV cant support... It is a fairly crappy RCA tv.. so I couldn't rule that out.

No other TV I could easily set it up with unless I bought another... Eek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer revo 3700 hdmi video loss0