• 16(current)
Port XBMC to Android OS so that it can run on Google TV based platforms and such?
This is completely hypothetical, so don't beat me up too bad. I'm just trying to help us get this to GTV.

Would it be helpful if were able to talk the developer of CrystaX into creating a Google TV branch of his ndk. Yes, I know there isn't an official ndk, but the folks at GtvHacker have created one with the Intel tool chain. The only bad side to this would be it wouldn't show in the market for us since its a ndk build. Would this option even be worth the GTV community persuing? Just a thought, especially since it seems your not going to get much assistance from the dev community. Again this is all hypothetical, but I'd need to find out if its a valid option before reaching out to the small gtv community and CrystaX.
Just considering that I've been in contact with the CrystaX developer and he doesn't have much time to work on updating the CrystaX NDK based on the latest Android NDK changes/releases it's very unlikely that he would have time to work on a GTV NDK.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Given that Marvell has the deisng in, is it worth contacting them?
Allwinner have seen it's in their iterest.
Or forum members could email them like we did Allwinner.
I double Marvell would/could help any with googletv ndk. They would be under an NDA for any googletv NDK.

Remember, as XBMC is GPLv2, providing compiled binaries is not enough to satisfy our GPLv2 license. Source code changes and the ability to self compile said source code is a requirement.
I figured it was a long shot, but you never know. Then again donations, a.k.a. cash, tends to free up some time. I still don't know if its even a viable solution or even possible.
It is very sad that xbmc will not be on sony google tv . I hope something comes through for us gtv users
Found this! Maybe it can be useful.

http://spurint.org/journal/2012/10/googl...libraries/
Please please please. XBMC on Sony GTV
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Port XBMC to Android OS so that it can run on Google TV based platforms and such?6