[AppleTV2] ATV2 Remote: ffwd and rewind issues
First, a huge thanks to Davilla and the rest of the dev team for bringing XBMC to iOS.

Second, I've noticed that while if I click the left or right buttons on my remote, I can get 30 second skips back and forth, holding either of those down results in one 30 second skip, then the video hangs.

Is there any way to use the ATV remove to FFWD and REW?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
So no one else is having issues fast forwarding and rewinding?

I checked the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file and the commands seem to be right, but I can't get my full screen-playing files to do anything more than jump forward or backward 30 seconds at a time.
Okay, I figured it out, but it meant exchanging the 30 second skip for FFWD and REW. I modified the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file, so that in <FullscreenVideo>:

<button id="3">Rewind</button> (instead of StepBack)
<button id="4">FastForward</button> (instead of StepForward)

This now allows both my older white plastic and newer aluminum ATV remotes to properly use the x2/x4/x8/x16/x32 FFWD and REW functions with just a touch of the left and right buttons, respectively.
I am not having any issues with 30 second seek forward/rewind on my device. If I hold it, it just keeps jumping in 30 second increments though, it doesn't convert to FF/RW (is it supposed to?)

In case you didn't know, if you hold select down for a few seconds while playing a file, the OSB menu pops up. From there you have FF/RW as well.
HDClown Wrote:I am not having any issues with 30 second seek forward/rewind on my device. If I hold it, it just keeps jumping in 30 second increments though, it doesn't convert to FF/RW (is it supposed to?)

In case you didn't know, if you hold select down for a few seconds while playing a file, the OSB menu pops up. From there you have FF/RW as well.

Yeah, both my ATV1 and ATV2 remotes would only do the 30 second seek FWD/REW with a click. The hold either way only did one seek, then nothing. I could not get either one do to the true FFWD/REW until I did the mod on the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file. Now for the left/right (REW/FWD) buttons:

First click: x2 FFWD/REW
Second click: x4
Third click: x8
Fourth click: x16
Fifth click: x32
Sixth click: play

For me, this is much better functionality than just constantly clicking for 30 second jumps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 Remote: ffwd and rewind issues0