[AppleTV2] How do I install new skins?
Hi
it would be wonderful if someone with more knowledge would write a little step by step how to on how to install new skins on the atv2.
i think a lot of people will benefit from this.
thanks tom
please use the search. there are already a few threads covering this and its not like they are hard to find as this subforum is so small
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!

@iLLNESS:
same effort but 100% more effective

this answer wasn't given in ANY Thread here in this subfolder. the whole xbmc on ios thing is a brand new topic, and not everybody who test's it was using xbmc before
so... stay cool Big Grin
how do you install skins that are not in the official repo?? or install .zip for other repos? I still dont know how to do that.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Or how do you install the Aeon skin. Can't find a .zip to extract that to the XMBC addons folder.
yeah that is what i also would like to know! by using the way over the addon you just get a few "pre-selected" skins... for the manually way i still need a little howto...
Need to SFTP and place skin in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons
thanks for the reply. but which files do i have to place there? where can i check if the skin is compatible with the ios version of xbmc? try and error? i read that it must be a dharma compatible skin. can s.o. please link a page with dharma skins?

Maybe s.o. can help me with this. i am searching for a "light", "flimsy" and "transparent" skin which reacts rapidly and doesn't stutter to much. the original skin is far to overloaded for me. i don't want all this pictures of crappy, poor living-rooms of s.b.. I just want it more "basic" like the original atv2 menu. i am glad for every hint...
a-tom Wrote:Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!

@iLLNESS:
same effort but 100% more effective

this answer wasn't given in ANY Thread here in this subfolder. the whole xbmc on ios thing is a brand new topic, and not everybody who test's it was using xbmc before
so... stay cool Big Grin

it has been covered a few times already. im aware of the effort it takes to respond, but people need to learn how to do the search. otherwise we will have 50 threads covering the same topic, each with a tiny bit of different info.
iOS XBMC users PLEASE use the advanced search function before starting a new thread. Make sure to click on 'XBMC for iOS Specific Support' so your results are narrowed down correctly.

Please make sure to visit the Sticky section for common issues/questions/etc. Also, XBMC for iOS information
iLLNESS Wrote:it has been covered a few times already. im aware of the effort it takes to respond, but people need to learn how to do the search. otherwise we will have 50 threads covering the same topic, each with a tiny bit of different info.

or a couple of threads with 100 pages like in other forums at xbmc. I hope that we can have some good updated stickies for new users in this forum.

Also fyi everyone.. I am cyberduck on windows and it works to go into atv2 and change any files you want etc... its really nice.. I hate command line so this is a great tool to use.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Also worth nothing that a lot of the skins aren't made for ATV2. Expect a significant performance impact if trying to run skins such as Aeon.
@iLLNESS
ok u are making me a bit angry right now. (only a little bit Oo)
Quote:"it has been covered a few times already"
no it hasn't! not at this subforum! and that's the point i read every single threat at all the eleven pages (at this time it has been 11 pages of threats) and i was searching too! there was nothing helpful to me!
so YOU are just trying to educate ME, to do something i have already done. please stop it!
Quote:"otherwise we will have 50 threads covering the same topic, each with a tiny bit of different info."
a forum is there to ask questions. you have to learn that not anybody is familiar with this xbmc stuff. Its a brand new topic (on an ios device) and many have to learn it from the bottom up. and there hasn't been any threats about it and for sure not 50 times the same one. and if there is different information in it, is it than still the same topicHuh Who decides what is the same topic when it contains different information? You as a "member"?
so again KEEP COOL try helping and not bugging people.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] How do I install new skins?0