[AppleTV2] disabling subs
i cannot find out how to turn off subtitles that are built into mkvfiles ive looked though everything any ideas?
While watching the movie, simply bring up the menu by holding down your select/center button on the remote.

Then navigate to the audio icon and disable subtitle. You can choose to have that as the default for all future movie as well.
dazex Wrote:While watching the movie, simply bring up the menu by holding down your select/center button on the remote.

Then navigate to the audio icon and disable subtitle. You can choose to have that as the default for all future movie as well.

cheers!
How?
Play movie - call up OSD, go to Audio section, uncheck 'enable subtitles', then'set as default for all movies' - globally disabled subtitles.

EDIT - Whoops sorry, should have checked which section i was in - those are for a Windows install - don't know anything about iOS.
steelman1991 Wrote:Play movie - call up OSD, go to Audio section, uncheck 'enable subtitles', then'set as default for all movies' - globally disabled subtitles.

EDIT - Whoops sorry, should have checked which section i was in - those are for a Windows install - don't know anything about iOS.

I've tried, but cannot get to this on my ATV2. all I can do is FF, REW, Play/Pause. no sub menu... I'm generally very quick with this stuff... what am I missing?
punker101 Wrote:cheers!

That's for Windows, not iOS.

Anyone?
press and hold the SELECT button, this will bring up the OSD, then you can do the above... i've done it, it works...
daerid Wrote:That's for Windows, not iOS.

Anyone?

Works for me on my iPad and ATV2.
sad1f Wrote:press and hold the SELECT button, this will bring up the OSD, then you can do the above... i've done it, it works...

Woot!! Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] disabling subs0