[MAC] Problem building xcode depends
Before I bug this, I should check to see that I'm not doing something retarded.

The build process goes smoothly until I do "make xcode_depends", at which point I get an error related to the C++ compiler not being defined with libfaad2 -

Code:
make -C libfaad2
cd . && /bin/sh /Users/gilmanbrian/XBMCDev/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libfaad2/missing --run automake-1.10 --gnu
/usr/bin/../share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/bin/../share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   The usual way to define `am__fastdepCXX' is to add `AC_PROG_CXX'
/usr/bin/../share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
plugins/mpeg4ip/Makefile.am: C++ source seen but `CXX' is undefined
plugins/mpeg4ip/Makefile.am:   The usual way to define `CXX' is to add `AC_PROG_CXX'
plugins/mpeg4ip/Makefile.am:   to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' again.
make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libfaad2] Error 2
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

Anyone know what the issue is? So far I've followed the build instructions to the letter( I think ), and have gcc and cc pointing at the 4.0 versions.
Adding AC_PROG_CXX to configure.in in the libfaad2 directory seems to have fix the problem, although it will now give a warning about my version of autoconf being too old.
Very odd, I just recently setup an xbmc build on a new virgin macmini under 10.6 and Xcode 2.3.5 and did not see any issues with building from scratch.

Just an FYI, the osx build system is headed for major changes that eliminate macport depends. It will be a full cross-sdk compile so 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 SDKs can be targeted and built. Once this happens, then also 64-bit builds under 10.6 will also get some build-love.
Ah, this was on a virgin mac mini, however I used the version of XCode from the install CD, which was 3.2.3.

It's good that the build system is changing, seems like quite a few steps at the moment. Any possibility of getting it down to a one-click build? It would be nice if in the future you could just add the git repository to XCode 4, then hit command-b.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Problem building xcode depends0