[iPhone] iPhone4 - Error 2: Share not available
Hi all,

I have a mac mini 2010 and an imac running xbmc just fine. I downloaded xbmc for iphone this morning but when I go to add video and browse to Windows (smb) share, it waits a few seconds then comes up with the error "Error 2: Share not available" which is strange because thats how i added the video content for thee xbmc on my imac and mac mini. Anyone else having this issue?
tooshna Wrote:Hi all,

I have a mac mini 2010 and an imac running xbmc just fine. I downloaded xbmc for iphone this morning but when I go to add video and browse to Windows (smb) share, it waits a few seconds then comes up with the error "Error 2: Share not available" which is strange because thats how i added the video content for thee xbmc on my imac and mac mini. Anyone else having this issue?

I am having the same issue when trying to add my a shared drive from my Airport Extreme base station. I am running XBMC successfully on my XBox so I know the drive and base station are set up properly for smb.

I'm thinking once I had to format the source to include the username and password, but when I look at the source on the existing Xbox install of XBMC, it just shows smb://192.168.1.1/Media Library/ - no username/password.

Very frustrating. I don't know if I don't have it set up right, or if it is some sort of bug.
OK, I think I figured it out. I had to enter in my smb share for my Airport Extreme AirDisk as:

smb://username:[email protected]/Media Library/ entering in the correct username and password I have set for sharing files from the disk. The IP address is that of the router - on an AEBS it's most likely either this or 10.0.x.x

Once you enter it in this way, when you go back and look at it in the GUI, it doesn't have the username/password part.

Also, I discovered that holding down the "menu" button on the remote for a few seconds brings up the menu that allows you to edit sources after they are initially created.

Hope that helps. I know you aren't connecting to a Base Station, but if you need a username/password combo to connect to the mini, maybe it's similar.
I'm guessing there is just something wrong where it doesn't default to the guest account. You can probably just force it into using it by entering guest as the username and a blank password. This won't give write support but you'll be able to read files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPhone] iPhone4 - Error 2: Share not available0