• 6(current)
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
How to make a full Cable scan to get more channels ?
I know that xbmc for xbox is not supported anymore here but still asking if the xbmc tvheadend client works on xbox with xbmc, no pvr build...
dushmaniac Wrote:so why don't you add that info there? Smile

I will (if nobody does), but I think that it is better if the posters put it there (the more... the merrier), they are also better to maintain it when improvement or changes are needed Big Grin
regards,
Ruud
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
dushmaniac Wrote:testing the latest revision now. when I'm confident that it's OK, I'll push new packages. might have a chat with Andoma before.

thanks
And livetv works on my iPad with xbmc and tvheadend client Smile

Big thanks!!!
I have some channels that are showing as unmapped when I've previously been able to pick them up.

If I restart TvHeadend from the command line, rescan, I can pickup the channels that were previously unmapped, but I loose the channels that I had before [unable to obtain a key].

I'm running Lucid and the latest xbmc + tvheadend as per the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

I've tried reinstalling both xbmc and TvHeadend but to no avail.
Ruud Wrote:I will (if nobody does), but I think that it is better if the posters put it there (the more... the merrier), they are also better to maintain it when improvement or changes are needed Big Grin
regards,
Ruud

Hi, no problem with that (except of free time) but I cannot find any option to add new article there.

Regards
Janusz
AP0ll0UK Wrote:I have some channels that are showing as unmapped when I've previously been able to pick them up.

If I restart TvHeadend from the command line, rescan, I can pickup the channels that were previously unmapped, but I loose the channels that I had before [unable to obtain a key].

I'm running Lucid and the latest xbmc + tvheadend as per the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

I've tried reinstalling both xbmc and TvHeadend but to no avail.
Sounds like a bug in tvheadend. I recommend you post this problem on the tvheadend forum or on #hts on irc.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
First off; thanks for putting together this tutorial! I'm very impressed with TVHeadEnd so far and the integration with XBMC is (mostly) working great.

I have a couple of issues which hopefully someone can shed some light on.

When I boot my HTPC and XBMC starts it says that the TVHeadEnd PVR Add-On could not connect to the TVHeadEnd backend. If I go to the Add-On section and disable and enable the TVHeadEnd PVR Add-on it instantly connects and works as normal. I'm wondering if XBMC is simply starting too early before TVHeadEnd has an opportunity to load completely. Is there any way I can verify this and how would I go about changing the autorun order?

One other issue. Around 1/3rd of the time that I change to a channel with AC3 sound the sound simply doesn't play. If I switch to a channel with MP2 sound and the back again it works fine. I've tried to look at the log entries when this is occuring but there is so much in there being logged at once that I can't really pin point it on any single entry.

Thanks in advance!
Equinox_ Wrote:When I boot my HTPC and XBMC starts it says that the TVHeadEnd PVR Add-On could not connect to the TVHeadEnd backend. If I go to the Add-On section and disable and enable the TVHeadEnd PVR Add-on it instantly connects and works as normal. I'm wondering if XBMC is simply starting too early before TVHeadEnd has an opportunity to load completely. Is there any way I can verify this and how would I go about changing the autorun order?
guess that's the case. you can see in your xbmc.log why it fails to load the first time.

Quote:One other issue. Around 1/3rd of the time that I change to a channel with AC3 sound the sound simply doesn't play. If I switch to a channel with MP2 sound and the back again it works fine. I've tried to look at the log entries when this is occuring but there is so much in there being logged at once that I can't really pin point it on any single entry.
but someone on here probably can. please pastebin a full debug log.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi all, and thanks dush for your awesome work with this plugin!

It's working great for me here except for one thing - recordings. I can successfully set up recordings which complete OK using the tvheadend web UI, but those recordings don't show up in XMBC > Live TV > Recordings. There is a folder called 'Server 1 - HTS Tvheadend', but it remains empty.

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks!
@assembling
Create a source under Videos and use that instead of Live-TV -> recordings.
dushmaniac Wrote:guess that's the case. you can see in your xbmc.log why it fails to load the first time.

Thanks for your help. I tracked down where TVHeadEnd logs (syslog) and found that it's indeed starting 3 seconds after XBMC has attempted to connect to it.

Is there any way I can prioritise it or maybe delay the start of XBMC? I already have TVHeadEnd at the start of the rcX.d list (S19) but is there a way I can bring it forward even more?
not a really nice solution, but you could change the xbmc startup script a bit so that it waits until a listening port is opened (tcp port 9981)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Hello people.
Sorry if i post in wrong thread, but i don't find similar situation.
I install packages as described here, all looks fine but when i open System-Settings-TV-General-Channel Manager and click on Activate - xbmc crashes.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!17