• 62(current)
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Not sure if I should start a seperate thread or not, but:

I'm having some pretty big performance issues.

Current setup (for Dutch Ziggo Digital TV):
Ubuntu Desktop 11.04
XBMC-PVR Eden Beta 2
TVHeadend
Oscam 1.10 (accessing a Smargo Smartreader)
Using a DVB-C SiliconDust HDHomerun HDHR3-EU

I never had any performance issues with Ubuntu 10.10 running XBMC Dharma (non-PVR), so the current issues are both strange and infuriating Smile

Anyway, I have a lot of XBMC freezes (system freezes sometimes even, but mostly just XBMC), really slow channel changes, if the new channel comes up at all. XBMC crashes often, even when just opening a video locally or on the network.

I feel there's several issues at hand. The CBMX crashlogs show 2 seperate segfaults: one is about an NVidia lib and the other for the stdin (and more, but std library stuff about inputs). I'm not home right now, so I'd have to add chrashlogs later if anybody wants to see them.

I've been working on this install for several nights, as I had a difficult time setting it up at first (tried several full install write-ups like this one, but most were dated, or had SOME issue making it unusable). So I'm at a loss and I hope anybody can help me out Smile

thanks!

[edit]
What I forgot to mention: I keep having some strange behaviour with audio. When watching live tv I have to switch from coax/optical (from HTPC to receiver) to HDMI (from HTPC to TV to Receiver) to get sound, but I don't have to switch the receiver to the TV input. So it's still going over the optical-out.
I'll bite. how do you import sat ini files or xml files. I/ve created list and the roadmap shows that it is possible but I cannot find any instructions on where to put the files or how it needs to be formatted.

Dave
rodercot Wrote:EDIT - muxing 110 right now. Smile Deleted hts-tvheaded --purge, got the current git and set it up (note on the tvhead instructions, they forgot to include "sudo make install" . Any idea how to get it to start on reboot after building from source.

How long should muxing take, it is at zero initial but the log is still tuning for both 110 and 119. It's been going for a while. I clicked the button to start mapping but nothing has chnged in there yet although it did say it started the probe.

when it is done scanning can I delete the mux's that remain at zero.

sorry if I missed this, I installed xbmcbuntu beta 3. Then I ran the script on page one, it installs beta 2 for some reason. did I miss something.

Thanks,

Dave

Could you point me in the direction of those instructions please matey?

I'm not sure with new version but read that the old 2.12 although it appeared to add the ability to update the satellite list by the user, in fact the list was hard coded into the binary and it wouldn't respond to external additions, if that was ever added, I don't know. You would think it would have been but just something to bare in mind so you don't destroy your brain in frustration if it doesn't work.
here is the link,

There were a few features and they ended up linking to here, on the actual #92 item there is a link to an ini file to dl as well. The readme or manual REALLY needs an overhaul for this program. The lnb/sat conf is not documented, There should be some kind of response from the probe - is it working not working. I have been working over a week to get this running; oscam works I can click on a play icon in the services menu and it connects but still will not map any channels.

LnB1 - 0 - DBS
Lnb2 - 1 - DBS
Lnb3 - 2 - DBS
LnB4 - 3 - DBS

I have 50 muxes, 900 services with the networks listed but no mapping. for the heck of it I scanned 91 B*V and it found a bunch of muxes and channels got identified with call signs etc before the scan was even completed. I did not try and map those, On D*N 110 119 I do not even the get the call signs listed under services.

http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/72

@cowfodder - I sent you a pm, you say you have it working, please post a how-to somewhere. you have posted on both tvheadend and vdr forums, there are several looking for NA assistance.

Dave
Hi,

I was using TVHeadend with two sources: dvb-c and IPTV, both worked fine.
I merged the same (radio) channels and they switched flawlessly.
Yesterday I removed my DVB-C device and reconfigured tvheadend with only iptv tv and radio channels.

I tagged the radio channels with the radio tag (as it was with the dvb-c radio channels). I just noticed that in xbmc (latest build) my radio channels show up in the tv channels listing and not in de the radio channels listing?
From within the tv channel listing the radio channels do not play: it 'hangs' on 'buffering... 0%'

Does anybody have a tip or clue on how to have my iptv radio channels 'behave' like radio channels in xbmc?
When merged with the same dvb-c radio channels the iptv radio stream worked very well (when dvb-c was not available due to eg recording)

Thanks in advance.
Ruud.
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
the tag has nothing to do with popping up as radio channel in xbmc.
the add-on assuming that the service type is set to "Radio" for radio channels. any other value will make it a tv channel.

edit:
this code determines it to be exact:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/blob/m...a.cpp#L872
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi Dushmaniac,
thanks for the clarification, found some threads stating to change the tag to 'iptv radio': this explains why this is not working as well.
Also found these (two) patches somebody made. Do they hold a solution?
https://github.com/andoma/tvheadend/pull/52

If so, is that something that can be 'incorporated' in your tvheadend branch easily?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this
regards,
Ruud.

dushmaniac Wrote:the tag has nothing to do with popping up as radio channel in xbmc.
the add-on assuming that the service type is set to "Radio" for radio channels. any other value will make it a tv channel.

edit:
this code determines it to be exact:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/blob/m...a.cpp#L872
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
yup, that PR is the solution. I'll have a look at including it.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi dushmaniac,

that would be very welcome as my kids are now (holidays) because of no radio making their own music 'this is the voice..... of xbmc' Shocked

If anything needs to be tested, please give me a heads-up!

thanks,
Ruud.
dushmaniac Wrote:yup, that PR is the solution. I'll have a look at including it.
Question 
Ruud Wrote:Hi,

I was using TVHeadend with two sources: dvb-c and IPTV, both worked fine.
I merged the same (radio) channels and they switched flawlessly.
Yesterday I removed my DVB-C device and reconfigured tvheadend with only iptv tv and radio channels.

I tagged the radio channels with the radio tag (as it was with the dvb-c radio channels). I just noticed that in xbmc (latest build) my radio channels show up in the tv channels listing and not in de the radio channels listing?
From within the tv channel listing the radio channels do not play: it 'hangs' on 'buffering... 0%'

Does anybody have a tip or clue on how to have my iptv radio channels 'behave' like radio channels in xbmc?
When merged with the same dvb-c radio channels the iptv radio stream worked very well (when dvb-c was not available due to eg recording)

Thanks in advance.
Ruud.

Hi, Ruud.
can you share how you set up your tvheadend with the iptv box? The reason why I am asking is that I am planning to buy and iptv offering some international channels and I have an atv2, so it will be very usefull to me. Thank you.
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note
adioukrou.
dushmaniac Wrote:yup, that PR is the solution. I'll have a look at including it.
Hi dushmaniac, just added the changes manually and recompiled: works like a charme Smile, also stated this over on the tvheadend forum requesting a review and inclusion in master...

adioukrou Wrote:Hi, Ruud.
can you share how you set up your tvheadend with the iptv box? The reason why I am asking is that I am planning to buy and iptv offering some international channels and I have an atv2, so it will be very usefull to me. Thank you.
Hi adioukrou, will take this offline via PM as this does not fit in this thread imo Smile
regards,
Ruud.
two days on irc NO REPLIES. Is this being developedHuh I would like to help with the NA issues but cannot get any assistance.

issues

scan muxes/sats - manually added as I rebuilt linuxtv.h with all the settings and it still will not find anything and then no mapping.

map manually - no guide - vid and aud pids do not line up with transponders as per lyngsat and no guide/epg when scanned to transponder with 9 day epg.

all other sats map and start probe except D*N

I am at a loss. I have got channels working in XBMC with a V4l update but that destoyed remote and lcdproc setup.

I guess SIGH I have to switch to windows to make this work in NA. Which happens in about three steps. I would try out VDR BUT dvbscan, scan-s2 nothing works there on 119 it tries to tune the transponders/frequency to 0.0W everytime.

scans muxes everytime on reboot

have to turn off idle scan and monitor signal quality or signal drops to zero over a period of time.

Tested on openelec, XBMCbuntu, mythbuntu 10.04 vanilla and 3.0-3.3 rc kernels, myth 11.10, all vanilla versions and gits for the last two weeks.

Dave
rodercot Wrote:two days on irc NO REPLIES. Is this being developedHuh I would like to help with the NA issues but cannot get any assistance.

issues

scan muxes/sats - manually added as I rebuilt linuxtv.h with all the settings and it still will not find anything and then no mapping.

map manually - no guide - vid and aud pids do not line up with transponders as per lyngsat and no guide/epg when scanned to transponder with 9 day epg.

all other sats map and start probe except D*N

I am at a loss. I have got channels working in XBMC with a V4l update but that destoyed remote and lcdproc setup.

I guess SIGH I have to switch to windows to make this work in NA. Which happens in about three steps. I would try out VDR BUT dvbscan, scan-s2 nothing works there on 119 it tries to tune the transponders/frequency to 0.0W everytime.

scans muxes everytime on reboot

have to turn off idle scan and monitor signal quality or signal drops to zero over a period of time.

Tested on openelec, XBMCbuntu, mythbuntu 10.04 vanilla and 3.0-3.3 rc kernels, myth 11.10, all vanilla versions and gits for the last two weeks.

Dave

You're asking for someone to help you pirate a signal on a site that has an anti-piracy statement. That's not going to happen.
Can someone help me config this?

Setup:
ubuntu 11.10 kernel 3.0.0.16
Intel e5400
Ati 4770
4 gb ram
Terratek Cinergy s2 pci
Hardware
Device path:
/dev/dvb/adapter0
Device name:
STB0899 Multistandard
Host connection:
PCI
Intermediate Frequency range:
950000 kHz - 2150000 kHz, in steps of 0 kHz
Symbolrate range:
5000000 Baud - 45000000 Baud
Status
Currently tuned to:
10,778,000 kHz Vertical (Default (Port 0, Universal LNB))*
Services:
Muxes:
Muxes awaiting initial scan:

I did intall this:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexandr-surkov/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc tvheadend

It cant find any services in tvheadend web gui, I find that a bit strange cuz I tried it in windows progdvb and my signal quality was fine. must I install some additional software? driver?
You can ignore my previous post, It worked when I added the muxes manually Nod
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!17