• 3(current)
Linux HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
My usb stick is a NOTONLYTV, it´s made by freeview I think. mine is a USB Hybrid LV5HD. I didn´t see it anywhere in the supported hardware. The LV5T is there but not mine.Sad. Can I build a firmware for it? Or is it too complicated.
hardware support is out of the scope of this topic. you could try asking in the hardware section on our forum or use google. if you can't find anyone who has that stick working under linux via google, you should get one that's known to be supported.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
thanks dush gonna try that hardware section then.
dushmaniac Wrote:yes and yes. don't ask me for an ETA.
never thinked Rolleyes

ant_thomas Wrote:To continue from Dushmaniac, yes this is possible (...)
Here's my Lircmap.xml file...
Code:
<lircmap>
        <remote device="mceusb">
        <display>LiveTV</display>
        <title>Enter</title>
        <guide>Guide</guide>
        <playlist>DVD</playlist>
         </remote>
</lircmap>
Awesome! many thanks it worked. Thank to the "playlist" directive now I can activate the channels list layer without passing from the OSD menu.

Some brainstorming about user interactions when on live TV fullscreen if you haven't yet thinked:
- Channel list layer could be activated when you press the button "UP" or "DOWN" .
- Channel zap could be activated when you press the button "LEFT" or "RIGHT".
- Pressing button "0" may be skip back and forth between the two most recently watched channels
- Buttons "FORWARD" and "REWIND" may be skip back and forth between the full history of the visited channels
- Walking trough groups (bouquets in TV terminology Smile) could be activated when you press the button "NEXT TRACK" or "PREVIOUS TRACK".
- When Channels list layer is on screen, info button activate extra info layer but you cannot walk trough channels until you close the info layer: should be possible to navigate channels too without closing the info layer.

hint: nice channels icons can be easily found by searching on internet a string like "dreambox enigma2 100x60 picons", there are two kinds of picons: by reference or by name. If you place picons by name in a folder then, if path is configured under Setup->Tv->Menu/OSD/TV-thumbnails path, xbmc will automatically add to the channels the correct icon Cool
Hi,

I stumbled accross this only yesterday and I'm loving it already! I've be desperate to ditch mythTV for ages! (had myth launching over the top of XBMC).

I managed to get my EPG scrape from the sat formatted and imported fairly easily as well as the decoding via NewCS. To be honest this is the first fairly pain free bit of SW I've come accross for live TV in Linux!

At the moment I onlt have 1 slight issue......

When I schedule a recording in XBMC the actual recording registered is a day later. The EPG is displaying the correct programme (confirmed by watching it) but when I check the web admin page I see the scheduled recording is incorrect (also the popup in XBMC shows the incorrect prog). Both the channel and time are incorrect.

Any thoughts on what I've managed to screw up? Laugh
system -> settings -> addons -> pvr clients -> tvheadend -> settings.
check the value of "EPG offset" and set it to 0 if it has a different value.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:system -> settings -> addons -> pvr clients -> tvheadend -> settings.
check the value of "EPG offset" and set it to 0 if it has a different value.

It was already set to 0. I changed it then put it back to 0 and have just tested it with 2 new recordings. It seems to have scheduled them correctly.

I guess I'll have to monitor it. Keep up the great work!
dushmaniac, how do i get the dharma-pvr source? only github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc@master have pvr clients? its not workin well.
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/Dharma
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac,

Is the version of tvheadend from your repository patched in any way compared to the latest official build?
I don't know what the last official build of tvheadend is, but it's build from tvheadend 2.12 tag and patched to send the signal status and encryption type in the stream. Those patches have now been included by Andoma in mainline tvheadend, so if you run the last version available on github, you don't have to patch anything.

Those patches are not required to make tvheadend work properly with XBMC.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/Dharma

Thanks, got it running.
Which Ubuntu version would be least problematic to run dis on, 10.04 or 10.10?

Cheers
using lucid myself. no idea if it's problematic on other version. I can only test if it compiles and install correctly. don't have the spare hardware to test other versions, dists or backends.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Okay dude will give it a go, cheers for the hard work your putting into dis btw
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!17