Solution for those struggling with TV metadata not downloading (Sickbeard Related)
This has been a problem that I have struggled with off and on for a few months now. It's one of those weird issues that seem to come and go as they please, and until today, I had no idea what was the cause of it, and could not find much information in the boards on how to fix it. Before I begin, I will say that the issue that I am addressing here is related to Sickbeard. So if you are not using Sickbeard as a means of acquiring your TV episodes, this most likely will not resolve your problem. So with that said, here is an example of a problem you will likely encounter occasionally while using Sickbeard. You'll sit down on your couch one evening, update your XBMC library, notice that there are new episodes available in your library, yet most if not all of them are missing their ever most important metadata. For example:

--- House
-------House - S07E09

Will appear as...

7X09

...instead of

9. Larger Than Life (The episodes official title).

You will also notice that if you look up the episode information, it will simply say that it is not available, and no matter how many times you try to reload the info, it garners the same results. If you are having a similar experience, the following steps should reslove the problem.

Step 1. Navigate to wherever you keep your episode files stored, and within each show folder, remove any files that have the extensions .tbn, .nfo, and .srr. You may also want to remove any jpegs that might be in the file as well.

Step 2. Open up Sickbeard within your browser and click on the tab that says "Config" and then select the sub-tab "General." Once you are in the general settings uncheck the "Create Metadata" and "Create Images" settings. Once that is done, click "Save Changes."

Step 3. Go to XBMC, and remove any show that is having the problem and remove it from the library under the context menu (Note: You need to remove the entire show, not just the episode).

Step 4. Once you have removed all problematic shows, navigate to Settings>Video>Library and click "Clean Library." Once that is complete, update your library and all of your shows and episodes should appear normally.

Tip: If your entire TV Show library is having this issue, you may want to completely remove the source and add it again under "Videos." Just make sure you follow steps 1 and 2 first.

I hope this makes things easier for anyone who has been having this issue, and if you have come across your own solution, please share it below. Thanks for reading!
brandonjcreek Wrote:--- House
-------House - S07E09

Will appear as...

7X09

...instead of

9. Larger Than Life (The episodes official title).

It shows up like that because you have "Flatten TV Shows" enabled. Set it to "Never" and it should fix that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solution for those struggling with TV metadata not downloading (Sickbeard Related)0