Adding a button to Home Menu
I should be able to figure this out but I'm really struggling.

I want on my home menu to have two buttons for movies. One should be Movies which will take me to my Movie Library and the second will be called Kids Movies which would take me to a few movies that are specific for my kids.

I have the Kids Movies button on the home screen from the Custom Home setting but I can't do anything with it. If I click on it nothing happens. If I go to the setting and choose Set Favorite I get a message that it can't find favourites.xml. I don't know what that means nor how to set it.

Can somebody point me in the right direction? My daughter watches the same 10 movies so it doesn't make sense to have to go through all 200 of our movies when 95% of the time we are choosing something for her.

Thanks.
Ok, I actually figured out how to do this by Adding the folders to favorites. The issue I'm having now is I have two folders that I would like to include in this Home Menu Button but in Set Favorites I can only choose one or the other. They are on two separate hard drives so I can't combine the files into one folder. Is there any way I can do this?

Another thing that doesn't seem to be working right. The folder I'm adding as a Custom Home Menu (favorite) for movies won't work in Library Mode. I can only see the files. If I switch to library mode I then get all of my movies. I want it so if I click on Kids Movies I would just see the 10 movies in Library Mode so I can choose a certain view. If I click on Movies I would see the other 190 movies (or all 200 movies). I want both of these to work in Library Mode though with regular Posters, fanart and views.

Thanks.
I was able to get this working. In case anybody else tries it in the future, the key is setting a Custom Playlist rather than a Custom Favorite on the Home Screen. Set a Smart Playlist where the Path Contains whatever the Path is. I set two rules for each of my two paths and then set the Playlist to include anything that satisfies either rule. The set the Playlist to a favorite and it is pretty straight forward from there. Works like a charm and now I have my Home button to this Playlist (which maintains library mode) as well as the generic movies which has all my movies (including the ones in the playlist) which works perfectly.
Good morning my friend
I face the same problem with you. i created a new button in the Home Screen,it appears there,but in the favoutes it shows me the same message. Can not find favourites.xml. How did you do it?
Can you pls write all the steps one by one ?
Tks for your attention
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning my friend
I face the same problem with you. i created a new button in the Home Screen,it appears there,but in the favoutes it shows me the same message. Can not find favourites.xml. How did you do it?
Can you pls write all the steps one by one ?
Tks for your attention

I think that message pops up when you haven't added anything to favorites. What I did was create a smart playlist, then while hovering over it with the mouse I right clicked (or press 'C' on the keyboard) and choose Add to Favorites.
here's how to do it in night skin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWea_PvIkE
Good morning to all of you

@ Ktrdsl23 @ mr.sparkle
Thanks both of you for your replies.
Finally i did it and i enjoy it
Tks again..........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a button to Home Menu0