PVR support in XBMC for iOS?
davilla Wrote:The circuits are already there in the form of the PowerVR hw decoder, mpeg2 is just not exposed as a decoding format.

since they just used the SGX core on the A4, however its completly out of my league to understand if MPEG2 support more suffers on the driver side or has already a problem on the iron.
davilla Wrote:The circuits are already there in the form of the PowerVR hw decoder, mpeg2 is just not exposed as a decoding format.

Does this mean MPEG2 is not exposed through the VideoToolbox API? Or just VDADecoder?
Shoesy Wrote:TVheadend works great on my iPad.

I guess a PVR build might come after the merge back to trunk though? That would be lovely.

J

Hi Shoesy,

Could you explain how you got PVR to work on your ipad?

What about 1080i H264 channels? Will the ATV2 be able to play these streams and deinterlace?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
You could go to http://ipaddress:3000/ of your VDR system, download the Streamdev playlist and pop that somewhere that your ATV2 system can get to (or on it). This will give you all the VDR channels in a playlist playable. No EPG etc, but it will at least give you access to the channels.
Standard tvheadend support is built in- just use the. Htsp prefix for your source. Not really pvr as it doesn't support recording, but you can view your channels.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
shoesy,

Since I have xbmc running on atv2...I want to use tvheadend but I am confused on how to install it initially (im new at this) on the backend. I am using a macbook. I figured out the source end of it, but how do I upload the deb file etc...Huh

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR support in XBMC for iOS?1