asrock Ion 330 Htpc BD + Dharma+ Windows7
Hi
I am a complete newbie to XBMC and I need a bit of help. I just bought an ASROCK Ion 330 With blue ray and run Dharam in above mentioned configuration. While streaming video via my NAS works like charm, watching original DVDs on the build-in drive is not possible since it stutters so much .

Can it be that XBMC does not support playing original DVDs ? Is it a set-up problem? The hardware seems to be ok since I can play DVDs with VLC.

My second question might be a bit off-topic: the main reason I bought the Ion 33o for was to use XBMC and also to replace my old DVD player with a Blue Ray player all in one box. Since my old DVD player was a regional code free I am now running into antother problem which I have not thought about previously. The drive in the Ion is of course not region free and it will lock the region code aft changed for the 5th time. Is anybody aware of a software which prevents this? I searched on the Internet and found AnyDVD but as far as I understand it only removes the code from the DVD while grabbing.
Is anybody awa a o program which runs in thebackground which solves the problem ?
Thanks
Phyrros
AnyDVD HD works in realtime for every BD you insert.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:AnyDVD HD works in realtime for every BD you insert.

Yep - I tried the trial version it works. Thanks a lot for the info.

Now I need clarification on the DVD issue - is it possible to play original (bought) DVDs with the XBMC DVD player with my Asrock Ion 330 or do I have to use an external one ?
As far as I know it should definitely be possible. I have no optical drive in my HTPC because I rip everything to ISOs on the workstation but... it should work, yes.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:As far as I know it should definitely be possible. I have no optical drive in my HTPC because I rip everything to ISOs on the workstation but... it should work, yes.

I did some more testing on the weekend. It looks like that my XBMC installation cannot play any VOB files, does not matter if from harddisk or from DVD without heavy stuttering. AVI files only play for 10-15 sec than XBMC has to buffer for 20 secs, and than so on.

VLC is playing all the files smoothly.

Does somebody have any suggestions ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
asrock Ion 330 Htpc BD + Dharma+ Windows70