Suggestion regarding video information dialog?
Lightbulb 
I was thinking about how it (imo) would make sense to have a separate xml for episode information. Most, if not all, skin these days present dialogvideoinfo.xml as a full blown screen even though it's a dialog window.

Episodes generally contains less library information than tv shows and even more with movies. So episode information screens tend to look very empty and "not fitting". Same goes for music videos.

I think putting episode information into a separate xml makes sense for a couple of reasons. Hierarchically episodes are to tv shows as songs are to albums. Yet song information is presented through a separate xml, and episodes aren't.

Aside from that I think it would be more in line also with how tv programs are presented in the PVR, also in a smaller, dialog window.

Looking at the amount of information I think a separate xml for episodes AND music videos would make sense and fit better.

Any thoughts?

Greetings,
Jeroen
Although we can do it using visible conditions a separate XML for episodes does sound a better idea.
To be honest I'd prefer it if it was generalized rather than split.

While it would necessarily mean that it would be less customisable, it has the main advantage that it simplifies the skinning of it.

Basically we want to get to the point where you can bring up "info" on any item, and it'll give you what it has, and allow that to be edited. I'm not sure that adding yet another dialog is the way to do this (we already have 3).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm with jmarshall on not splitting it up, we want less xmls not more if you really want the code for it split up stick it in includes with conditions aside from making a extra xml that every skin will need there is no real benefit that can't be done already
hello
this is exactly what I want to apply for my skin which is aeon mq 6 spin on jarvis, I'm using a modified DialogVideoInfo.xml for movies and tv shows, but I want to use the stock DialogVideoInfo.xml for music videos and tv episodes, but I really don't know how to do it, I really need help here
I know this thread is old but I think the idea applies for anytime, thanks
With krypton there is a trend of removing xml's. We have visible tags and conditions let alone params an includes even condition includes. We don't need more hard core xmls. If you need a extra includes or variable xmls add it, if you need need a custom window or dialog, then yet again add it. It does not need to be in kodi core.

Not hard to do what you want. Without adding more hard coded in kodi's core "xml's"

Edit: just noticed this is really an old post.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2016-05-22, 12:29)Rjsachse Wrote: With krypton there is a trend of removing xml's. We have visible tags and conditions let alone params an includes even condition includes. We don't need more hard core xmls. If you need a extra includes or variable xmls add it, if you need need a custom window or dialog, then yet again add it. It does not need to be in kodi core.

Not hard to do what you want. Without adding more hard coded in kodi's core "xml's"

Edit: just noticed this is really an old post.

Thank you for you reply, and yes it does not need to be in kodi core, I just want this for my own personal skin mod, but I don't know how to it, I need at least a simple guide to get it going, thanks
My two cents is to have zero forced windows and all the useradded windows you like. Less is more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion regarding video information dialog?0