Downmix configuration to emphasize center channel
Hi,

I have this somewhat annoying problem with varying volumes on movies with more than 2 audio channels.

Here's my setup: I'm running XBMC Dharma on an Asus eeebox 1012 on Ubuntu 10.10. My audio output is analog 2.0. When I watch multichannel movies, speech volume is too low and sound effects and music is too loud.

So I wonder how the downmixing is done and where it can be configured. Is it ALSA doing the work or is it XBMC? Is there some kind of configuration possible so that I can raise the volume on the center channel?

Thanks for any advice...
It's done inside XBMC, currently the downmix matrix can't be configured.
Any plans to integrate the matrix configuration into the settings? Maybe there is some other means to do the configuration, e.g. Advancedsettings.xml?
Plans, maybe, currently there's no way of configuring it.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Plans, maybe, currently there's no way of configuring it.

Would Love the Options for this... I've been reading for the Last 2 Hours or so, on how to solve this or correct it, compared to other programs like MPC the volume is just so LOW
I would really love an option here too, as I'm having the same problem (dialogs are buried by ambiant noise/soundtrack/effects in some scenes) when downmixing DTS or AC3 to 2.0. My platform is (white) ATV and OSX, but I'm posting here as there is no need for another thread in the OSX category describing the same (afaik platform agnostic) problem
Same boat here use pre11 build too, with zotac ion nd22. I have hdmi passthrough enable with 5.1 and ac3 no dts. All ambient sound no speech whatsoever.
Yeez, no fix yet?!?!? I have the same #$%!&* problem! low voices speaker exploding noises! really really annoying! there should be a menu where u can raise lower center, surround, etc volumes! like a surround mixer! I think VLC has something like that..
i also have this issue....

if i view movies in dolby on my stereo tv, the voices ar to low and the effect to loud.

i think this is also a must have for a htpc software....
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Lightbulb 
I am experiencing the same problem as well.

Although not the greatest solution (deosn't fix the problem with XBMC) you canuse VLC or some other external player.

I have found the sound output from VLC to be much louder over all.

I do hope that this problem is addressed in the next release!
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
Any updates on whether this feature will ever be added?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downmix configuration to emphasize center channel0