[AppleTV2] Can't change Display resolution on ATV2
Hi

Can't seem to change the resolution in System - Settings - Video Output. Seems to be stuck on 1280x720

Is this a known issue? If so is there a way of changing it via ssh?

Thanks
candyman2000 Wrote:Hi

Can't seem to change the resolution in System - Settings - Video Output. Seems to be stuck on 1280x720

Is this a known issue? If so is there a way of changing it via ssh?

Thanks

Why would you want any other resolution on your TV?
current resolution doesnt seem to fit it properly. I seem to be missing about half an inch from the vertical and horizontal, thought changing the res. could help
You need to calibrate your display setup from within XBMC.
I'd suggest using the calibration feature from within XBMC to make the image fit your TV. I don't think you'd want to set the resolution lower (ATV2 can't output 1080p).

Edit: Slacky beat me to it.
Thanks guys!
Some TV has a "Justify" or "Fit" mode. It could go by some other name too depending on your manufacturer. I suggest looking at the manual.

What those mode does is allow for the true pixel of the display source to be displayed onscreen. Meaning it will not automatically apply overscans to your source image.

Sometimes these features/modes can only be activated from the PC input or "digital" input.

If your TV does not have this feature/mode, then please use the built in calibration mode from within XBMC to set the amount of overscan you would like to apply to the signal. This is one of the powerful feature of XBMC.

Regards,
-Dazex
Same thing happened to me. I just calibrated the overscan in XBMC and all is well.
nu1mlock Wrote:Why would you want any other resolution on your TV?

1366x768
I have a problem that calibration cannot fix.

The stock ATV2 menu fits the screen of my 720p TV perfectly. However, XBMC appears to be cut off on all sides. Calibration fixes the left and right sides, but not the top and bottom. So I can't see, for example, the clock; the icons on the lower left side of the main menu are cut off; while viewing a movie, the menu (reached by holding the select button on the remote) is cut off, and so on. Thoughts?
kaiguy Wrote:I have a problem that calibration cannot fix.

The stock ATV2 menu fits the screen of my 720p TV perfectly. However, XBMC appears to be cut off on all sides. Calibration fixes the left and right sides, but not the top and bottom. So I can't see, for example, the clock; the icons on the lower left side of the main menu are cut off; while viewing a movie, the menu (reached by holding the select button on the remote) is cut off, and so on. Thoughts?

So move the top and bottom too, you can do that in calibration.
I'd like to know as well, because I have the same issue. My TV is a first gen Samsung plasma with a 768 resolution.

The current default of 720 makes the image too big for the screen

Thanks a million!!
thnx
willise Wrote:I'd like to know as well, because I have the same issue. My TV is a first gen Samsung plasma with a 768 resolution.

The current default of 720 makes the image too big for the screen

Thanks a million!!

How would 1280x720 be too large for a 1366x768 screen? The only thing that would make it too large would be overscan in which case the Video calibration mentioned previously should solve the issue.
kaiguy Wrote:I have a problem that calibration cannot fix.

Edit: Opps, already answered.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Can't change Display resolution on ATV20