All my shares are on nfs server Laugh
haffi Wrote:anyone gotten this to work or know if its possible

All my shares are on nfs server Laugh

Yeah would love this too.
Running since XBMP
Im looking for apt-source for this, if not might trie to complie it :p
no luck as of yet , googling it Sad

Any advise from the developers ?
Any hints in which direction this might be possible ?
I've been searching for something similar too and so far haven't come up with any solutions. I'd rather use NFS instead of FTP or SMB, so I'm hoping somebody finds something =\
Not possible without loading a kext and you can't do that under 4.x.

In fact, there is no way to add any sort of mounting remote disks into the filesystem. Need kext loading for that.

That said, you can apt-get install afpfs-ng and have the atv2's disk mount on the host desktop.
so Nfs is out of the question Sad
For now atleast.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
So now that nfs is enabled for the semi nightly build. What the easiest way to setup an nfs share from windows 7?
I can't answer your question about windows ... but here is a short introduction on how this can be tested:

For now nfs support is not exposed to GUI (will add it later today). To try NFS shares do:

Videos -> Add Videos -> klick on "<none>" -> enter nfs url "nfs://ip/exportpath"

The exported path should be configured in "/etc/exports" like this:

Code:
/mydatadir                 <ip or iprange which is allowed to connect>(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

or

Code:
/mydatadir                  *(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

second is for allowing all ips in the network to connect. The "all_sqash" option is for doing any operations on the filesystem as user "nobody". So be sure the user "nobody" has read or read/write access to the exported folder and all needed subfolders and files.

The option "insecure" is needed so that a non root user can access nfs at all (since on ios everything is executed with the user "mobile" which is not root - you will need the insecure option).

This instructions are for a linux nfs server. Remember Access rights are these you give in the filesystem.

Without all_squash you have to add a user with the same userid as the user "mobile" on the ios (its id 501). Then everything is mapped to this user and the user with uid 501 has to have the needed access rights on the filesystem (you should name the user on the nfs server "mobile" aswell for not getting confused).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:I can't answer your question about windows ... but here is a short introduction on how this can be tested:

For now nfs support is not exposed to GUI (will add it later today). To try NFS shares do:

Videos -> Add Videos -> klick on "<none>" -> enter nfs url "nfs://ip/exportpath"

The exported path should be configured in "/etc/exports" like this:

Code:
/mydatadir                 <ip or iprange which is allowed to connect>(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

or

Code:
/mydatadir                  *(rw,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

second is for allowing all ips in the network to connect. The "all_sqash" option is for doing any operations on the filesystem as user "nobody". So be sure the user "nobody" has read or read/write access to the exported folder and all needed subfolders and files.

The option "insecure" is needed so that a non root user can access nfs at all (since on ios everything is executed with the user "mobile" which is not root - you will need the insecure option).

This instructions are for a linux nfs server. Remember Access rights are these you give in the filesystem.

Without all_squash you have to add a user with the same userid as the user "mobile" on the ios (its id 501). Then everything is mapped to this user and the user with uid 501 has to have the needed access rights on the filesystem (you should name the user on the nfs server "mobile" aswell for not getting confused).

Sounds great. Cant wait to test it... However i think i need to wait for the gui implementation as I simply cant understand this:

"Videos -> Add Videos -> klick on "<none>" -> enter nfs url "nfs://ip/exportpath"

The exported path should be configured in "/etc/exports" like this:"

Should the nfs://ip/exportpath be found somewhere on my NAS (fileserver)? Should /etc/exports?

Some pointers would be great.. ;-)
I'm trying to mount an export from my synology nas without success.

This is my /etc/export:

Code:
/volume1/Ocio    *(ro,all_squash,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

I've created the mobile user, if this help.

On the xbmc, I've put nfs://ip/volume1/Ocio and this is the log:

Code:
16:17:01 T:80744448 M: 91295744 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(nfs) in nfs://10.0.1.9/volume1/Ocio/
16:17:01 T:80744448 M: 91295744    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml
16:17:01 T:80744448 M: 91295744   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------

Any help??
BR
What the likelyhood that some similar will made for smb?
I think nfs support is deactivated: this is from make -C tools/osx/ios-depends/xbmc step:
Code:
libnfs support:    No
rogerthis Wrote:So now that nfs is enabled for the semi nightly build. What the easiest way to setup an nfs share from windows 7?

I've an Xtreamer where i already have setup NFS on windows 7.

I followed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZwA5H1tLmw

and in text

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/935-nfs-...for-fw-20/
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] NFS on Apple TV 2?0