Using a web based livedrive as xbmc drive?
I have something from iozeta called livedrive. It puts a backup web dirve on my computer same as apples idisk does. Question is could you use this drive as a way to store your files for your xbmc vs a local NAS and access them that way?

If so how would you do this in XBMC for the ATV2?

Thanks
Did a quick glance at their website and saw that they support FTP access, so that's one way.
Ok FTP seems to work for some things but I have some shows that seem to pause and buffer every few minutes. I have ultimate speed interent which is 5mb up 35down so that can't be the issue.
It has an option for web sharing where you set files or folders that anyone can see by going to username.iozeta.com so I wondered if sharing this way over xbmc would work or not be any different then the FTP?
ilovemymac Wrote:Ok FTP seems to work for some things but I have some shows that seem to pause and buffer every few minutes. I have ultimate speed interent which is 5mb up 35down so that can't be the issue.
It has an option for web sharing where you set files or folders that anyone can see by going to username.iozeta.com so I wondered if sharing this way over xbmc would work or not be any different then the FTP?

You can have the bandwidth limit at 35 but that does not mean that it can be supported from your home to their server. Expecting anything more than 10 Mbps sustained over a residential link from any one server is unrealistic.

For you to get a certain bitrate, every network hop between their server and your home has to have that much bandwidth available and no policies that would preclude you from having it. Many segments top out between 6 and 8 Mbps (DirecTV VOD being a great example).
Never thought about that. I know that since I upgraded my interent things are faster.
I just thought about this. The files that are buffering are ones I ripped from my DVD copy and using handbrake I made them an m4v file. I am wondering If I added to maneb frame references or something else that would cause buffering. The avi files I have up don't seem to buffer and so do others that I didn't do the avi but a friend did.
disable deinterlacing maybe ... *crystal balling here*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
How do I do that
ilovemymac Wrote:How do I do that

Whilst watching a video, go to the Video Settings on the OSD and it will be in there.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Ok it was already set to off. Any other ideas?
Ok I was looking around on iozeta site and noticed you can use WebDAV so rather then the FTP I tried using the WebDAV and while it takes about 30 sec to get started it does play the whole show no buffering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a web based livedrive as xbmc drive?0