Need advise - sorting Compilations (fanart with multiple artists)
I searched this forum for relevant topics and found some, but none of them sorted our ALL of my questions.

I'd like to know how you deal with Compilations that are part of a larger series. What interests me most is how it is possible to have fanart for a series of Compilations while keeping different artist tags in the .mp3 files of each album. I think my installation of XBMC doesn't show fanart because I have different artists set in the id3 tag for each file. I have absolutely no problem getting fanart for regular albums.

Here is my folder/file-structure example:

-- Ministry of Sound
-- fanart.jpg
-- Folder.jpg
------ [1999] Annual Millenium Edition [320kbps]
------ Folder.jpg
------ 01. track title.mp3
------ 02. track title.mp3
------ [2003] Annual 2004 [320kbps]
------ Folder.jpg
------ [2008] Annual 2008 [320kbps]
------ Folder.jpg

My problem is: In Library View, I don't see fanart.jpg as background image for the "Ministry of Sound" folder. It works flawless with regular albums.

My initial thought was that is has to have something to do with the id3-tags. Compilations have different artist tags for each file. So I decided to tag my files the following way:

01. track title.mp3

Tags:

.. but even with album artist tag set to the same value on all files inside the album directory, i still get no fanart.jpg to show up.

Is it possible to have fanart for such albums at all? If it is currently not possible, what is your workaround/temporary solution for this? I'm sure there are a lot of people who have Compilations that are part of series.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advise - sorting Compilations (fanart with multiple artists)0