20th Century Fox Studio flag
Ok I have copied the name from imdb (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) and pasted it into the name for the icon in the studio folder on the machine where xbmc is installed (mac mini), I have made sure that imdb is selected as the scraper (rather than themoviedb.com) and refreshed the film and I am still unable to get the studio logo to appear.
Just as a test I tried the Alaska Revisited Mod skin and it does pick up the twentieth century fox studio flag.
Oh hang on a minute I just re-read one of your earlier posts.

Quote:Also to confirm I am putting it in the [User]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/Skins/skin.Back-Row/images/studio folder

Yep if you are using Dharma on a mac it should go in this folder:

Quote:[User]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/skin.Back-Row/images/studios

You're in the old "Skins" folder aren't you?
Ok I managed to get it resolved. I had previous installs in there from Pre Dharma to Dharma versions so I completely uninstalled XBMC and the Application Support folder for xbmc, redownloaded the whole program and reinstalled the skin and studio and it is detecting the twentieth Century Fox stuff fine. I was having some occasional films not picking up the flags either like Despicable Me, but that seems to be fixed with the reinstall as well. Only one I am not getting to detect straight away is Bad Boys, but I can work on that!

Thanks again for your patience and help on this.

Edit: Also the font for the name of the film in the Fanart Wrap seems bigger - which is a good thing.
Ah that's great - glad you sorted it
btw do the tv shows pull the flags from the same folder?
Yes same folder
okies - i have just added my tv collection and although I have all the movies with studio tags, none of the tv shows are coming up with the network tags.
Alright - can you let me know some of the more common ones that aren't showing up and which views you are using please?
At the moment none of them are coming up - I have NBC, some of the BBC ones CBS, ABC, AMC as a few examples. I have added the studio flags from your link and the github ones in the xbmc forums.

The view I have is Fanart Wrap
Yeah it should show them in that view - can I just ask that you ensure you are using the most up to date version of the skin from my download link. I only added TV show studios to that view fairly recently.
Ahh that could be the reason - the version I used was from the internal xbmc add-on system. I will get the one from your download link.
Yep that should be it then - /still waiting for the go-ahead to update the XBMC main repo version of the skin. There's a bug that's put skin updates on hold for a little while.
One thing I was wondering is if it is possible to get it so if the tv show you are watching is 720p+ the tv logo tag would switch to the hd version instead of the normal SD version. For example a 720p episode of say Lie to Me using the Fox_hd.png file instead of the Fox.png file.
It's an idea - You would probably need another studios folder (but for HD) and some sort of visibility condition based on the file info - however at the moment I don't have the studio logo set to display at episode level.

Having said that I am playing around with the TV views right now so I'll look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20th Century Fox Studio flag0