[iPhone] Accidentally upped resolution and can't change back
Hello, first-time poster here.

So I downloaded XBMC from Cydia as soon as I heard it was available. It looked fairly grainy so I went and tried to up the resolution a bit until it was at 720. Due to lag, I wasn't able to tell I had upped the resolution as much as I did until the resolution had changed. I thought maybe it wasn't supported and so I stupidly decided to mash the "up" arrow xD

I searched through the file system using iFile to see if there was a .plist or something I could manually change the resolution in, but I haven't found anything. As of now I can see everythign in the menu from "weather" down to "programs." The settings menu is cut off and I can't find any way to get to it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it twice but for some reason the resolution is the same every time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-John
Funny, I was about to post the same question. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times as well. The setting seems to be changed in a file that's left after the uninstall, but I've been unable to find it. Anyone familiar enough with the code/file structure to help out?
sftp://root@Iphone.local./private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata7guisettings.xml

Edit or delete this file. The XBMC folder is not removed when uninstalling
nano /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Sweet. That's what I needed. By chance do you know if we can edit this xml file to properly up the resolution on the iphone? Or does that have to come via an updated interface?

Thanks for the help.
You could try, but I doubt there will be any improvement with the current skin. 640x960 is the native resolution on 4, and 320x480 is the 3Gs and Confidence skin resolution.
Thanks a ton, guys! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPhone] Accidentally upped resolution and can't change back0