[AppleTV2] Quitting XBMC sets sleep after to "never"
I imagine this is a bug with XBMC as every time I set the sleep timer in the Apple TV settings to 15 minutes it resets to "Never" after quitting XBMC.

Does anyone else see this?
Yes, same thing observed. I didn't even think it was XBMC doing it. Very annoying.
Mr Zippy Wrote:I imagine this is a bug with XBMC as every time I set the sleep timer in the Apple TV settings to 15 minutes it resets to "Never" after quitting XBMC.

Does anyone else see this?

Humm, that is a bug, xbmc should be resetting the sleep time back to the original value.
Is this noted or do I need to file a bug report?

Sorry just read the known issues thread and posted bug there with a link to this thread.
On a related subject, is the idle timer broken in xbmc?
Mr Zippy Wrote:Is this noted or do I need to file a bug report?

Sorry just read the known issues thread and posted bug there with a link to this thread.

I think its already fixed in the code, davilla is fast. Wait for the next rls Smile

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2
johoja Wrote:I think its already fixed in the code, davilla is fast. Wait for the next rls Smile

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2

Cool, it's acknowledged it the known issues thread now.
Is it just me, or this still happens after rebooting the Apple TV? I am using Greenpois0n 4.2.1 so I am not sure if this is related to XBMC or not...
From davilla's reply above, It sounds like XBMC sets the AppleTV timer back to it's original value on exit.

Perhaps the problem is that if the ATV2 reboots without a proper exit from XBMC, the value never gets set back? Might be the source of the problem. Give it a test and let us know.
this bug seams to be somehow still happening, at least im getting it reset to never all the time, I do upgrade xbmc , and reboot it farly often
This should only happen when XBMC crashs (we are not able to reset the sleep time in that case)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think Davilla commented the other day that XBMC has almost always been crashing on exit on ATV2, but he had most (if not all) of those issues fixed. He also mentioned this causing issues for the sleep timer.
Is there a possibility to save this state in xbmc xml so when xbmc crashes , and next time its loaded it puts the reset timer back( or even set it within xbmc) I find that I am always fixin this probly cause of crashes, also will this timer work even if xbmc is running?
I think the priority at the moment is to stop it from crashing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Quitting XBMC sets sleep after to "never"0